Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search online for invisa-shield but didn't come up with much. Is this the company name or a product of a company? I found lots of info on 3M products though and from earlier posts wasn't interested in that info. I can't drive to Ca. or even the east coast to get this done so I was looking for someone local. Any one have more info that can help me? (FYI I tried to do a search on here for posts and Invisa-shield, didn't come up.) :seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I looked this site over and I guess it is still being put together, It doesn't give much info on the product or where you can get it done except with their address and phone number. I will ask my dealer if they know anyone local that does this service. Thanks again for the link. :)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow You are right they do have a better warranty and one dealer is just about 20 minutes away. You're the best :);) The company seems to be very intuned with the product and customers too.

B

·
0 Posts
I put Xpel on my SSR and then traded a week later, you couldn't see it from five feet away. great stuff and I going to put it on my new xlr this week. I have had it on my honda hybyird for six months and there are no rock chips on it. Do it.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to, I can't repaint every few weeks. but it is to late for the big dent the rock hauler left when a rock bounced out of his truck, I tried to swerve to miss it but couldn't, I slowed down enough though it didn't hit my windhshield. Dent is in the left fender about 6 inches above the light. I have the guys number here and he has a mobile service.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
xpel

Xpel is the product I used as well. Just did a couple of coats of Zaino this weekend and the product disappeared even more. In the right light I actually have to put people's fingers on the the end seam to prove it's there. Not one ding since I put it on. My only regret was not fully fixing all the existing dings before I had it put on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Xpel site

Just checked out the xpel web site mentioned here and found the SSR is still not listed as an available option. Digging a little deeper in the site I found where you can request a model to be put on the design list. Which is what I did. I found someone had already submitted the SSR for consideration and it was being reviewed.
Lastly, they asked you to add your vote to help them guage interest in the product, which I did.

Maybe if a bunch of us vote they will develop the kit sooner.

Also, does anyone know if you can have the product applied without the kit specific to the SSR/ Has anyone had this done??

I want some protection before all the chips and dings!!!

Thanks

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Go to www.clearbra.com and enter "2004" (for some reason nothing comes up under 2003) "Chevrolet" and then "SSR". These are SSR specific kits reportedly made from the Xpel material.

edit: I forgot to mention to click on the "SHOP" button first!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Movin' On said:
Just checked out the xpel web site mentioned here and found the SSR is still not listed as an available option. Digging a little deeper in the site I found where you can request a model to be put on the design list. Which is what I did. I found someone had already submitted the SSR for consideration and it was being reviewed.
Lastly, they asked you to add your vote to help them guage interest in the product, which I did.

Maybe if a bunch of us vote they will develop the kit sooner.

Also, does anyone know if you can have the product applied without the kit specific to the SSR/ Has anyone had this done??

I want some protection before all the chips and dings!!!

Thanks
The guy that did mine subscribes to the 3M website - they show the SSR - his subscription rate allows him to download the cutting instructions to his CAD cutter and then he used them to cut the Xpel. Looking at the work involved - I wouldn't try it by myself - it's pretty tricky and you can wind up with a bunch of bubbles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Chipguard has 3M kit

Chipguard (http://www.chipguard.com) has two kits (one for for the upper area and one for the lower front) that are $171 and $160 CANADIAN funds (multiply by .75 to get the approximate US$ price) respectively.

I have their product on my two vehicles here in Toronto (Acura TSX/Ford Lightning) and and the three guys I know here in Toronto with SSr's have the Chipgurad film on their trucks.

Simply put.... excellent product and excellent folks to do business with; they ship to USA and their website is easy to navigagte. :seeya

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having it put on today but I was wondering if anyone recommends doing any other parts such as the front part of the back fenders, especially below the running boards.

The guy doing my installation just did Tim Allen's Porsche ON THE INSIDE. Apparently there are only 4 of these new $600K plus Porsches in the US and he wanted to protect the inside Kevlar from scuff marks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
SSr Rocker Panel

One of my friends, who had Chipguard put their 3M film on the front of his SSr, also had them do 6 or 8 inches along the rocker panels (this was before he put his running boards on). You cannot see the film and it really protects the panel area which also get the crap beaten out of it on the Trailblazer! Not sure if he did the rear fenders (sort of like the old 944 Porsches), but that is not a bad idea... :thumbs

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Xpel hint

Discovered this a few weeks ago. If you Zaino your SSR and you have Xpel or chipguard or whatever, Zaino polish will not wipe off when it dries. I about freaked !! :eek :eek

I already had some of the Zaino wash in a spray bottle to use as a lubricant for the claybar. I tried it on the dried up polish and it worked great - even kind of spit shined it. Anyway - for those of you who are just now putting on the invisible stuff - watch out for the polish.

BTW - I put it on the backs of the mirrors, the front of the rear fenders and across the top of the tailgate. Looks fine and keeping those areas looking pretty good. Already had my Significant Other drag some stuff across the top of the tailgate - it dinged the Xpel - would have scratched the h$ll out of the paint.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Yeah - treated just like the rest of the vehicle. Happened again today when I put another coat on. Just used the spray bottle with the wash in it again. Worked fine. Also guaranteed that there would be a very light rain about an hour later. Just enough to water spot the whole @#$%&& thing. Never even mentioned it the SO - life's too short.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts