Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SSR team at Chevrolet has extended a special invitation to the die-hards of SSRfanatic. Basically, they would like to have five or ten of us join them at the Chevrolet tent during the Woodward dream cruise. The ability to have a good parking spot at the cruise should be incentive enough! Getting to hang out with the insiders and other SSR owners should make it a very cool and unique experience.

Here's the deal:

As discussed, Chevrolet would like to offer an invitation to several (5 -
10) SSR owners to be Chevrolet's guest at a special SSR Themed Woodward Dream Cruise event on Friday August 20, 2004 in Birmingham, MI.

We would like to choose from the 'coolest' and most radical SSR customizations that SSRfanatic.com members have to offer, but will also be happy to have totally stock SSRs.

Selected individuals and their SSR's would be Chevrolet's guests at an exclusive SSR themed party, with primo parking provided front and center so that these awesome SSR's can be seen by all. Winners will also meet various GM and Chevrolet executives as well as SSR team members and can discuss first hand how this great product came to be. Winners also will be able to attend a Chevrolet Media event that will kick off the 2004 Woodward Dream Cruise for Chevrolet.

In addition, access to Chevrolet's hospitality area on Saturday August 21, 2004 will be provided while owners cruise Woodward in one of America's most revered cruises.

Transportation and lodging expenses will be the responsibility of the selected owners, however Chevrolet will provide a listing of suggested hotels in the area.

Chevrolet would like to have pictures and specifications of all SSR's from interested individuals by Monday July 26th, 2004 if possible. They can either be mailed
to:

Chevrolet SSR Marketing Team
100 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48265-1000
Mail Code: 482-A29-C66

Or you can post the information in this thread or email it to [email protected]. We will need to know owner names, addresses, email addresses, the color of their SSR and any modifications that they made.
This is a great opportunity. It shows that Chevrolet is interested in the SSR Fanatics of the world and want to get involved with and hear from the enthusiasts.

:cheers

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Dream Cruise Event.

Hi Troy,

Please consider this email as my request to be considered for one of the participants to attend the special event. I would be honored if I could be one of the lucky 5 – 10 SSRs owners chosen and invited to join in on the "Dream Cruise" Special Event. Even though my SSR is not customized in anyway, I believe my stock unit can offer a unique opportunity for many enthusiasts to view.

Thank you for giving us, the SSR Fanatic members, a rare opportunity to be considered for this very special event.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Whoever goes....

To whoever is able to go to this event, please remember the rest of the Fanatics here and take lots of pictures and write down lots of notes to share with us :flag

·
Registered
218 Posts
Troy you have mail with my details :thumbs

I will be there weather it is with GM people or on my own ;)

I promise to take plenty of pictures :thumbs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise

What a deal!

If you have room for a totally stock very early Redline Red 2003 (VIN #286), we would love to be a part of it. We live in Convent Station, New Jersey but will be there for the week. We've done a bunch of shows out here since we picked this one up in Detroit last October and cannot believe the crowds the SSR always attracts. We've driven Corvettes since the '60's, high end tuner Europeans, and even a Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit but nothing compares to the attention you get in this little ride. We could fill a book with our experiences over the last 10 months.

We've done the last three Woodward Dream Cruises and are looking forward to being there in our own SSR. This time the GM brass won't have all the fun to themselves.

Unfortunately I don't have any digital pictures to attach and it's pouring rain here now. I'll pull a couple out of our scrap book and toss them in the mail tonight.

See 'ya on the road..... We'll be out lookin' for reminders of Ted's and the Totum Pole drive-in restaurant while blastin' classic Motown on the CD....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise

Oh, I forgot.....

My wife and I will be the ones wearing the Hawiian SSR shirts. She'll be with me unless my 88 year old father grabs the front seat first and makes her ride in the bed!

Anybody going to the Nextel Cup race at MIS on Sunday after the Cruise? My dad and I almost missed the start of the Spring race because we spent so much time in the lot answering questions about the SSR....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sign me up

Troy

I would love to participate in the dream cruise. I have been looking for a reason to take an extended road trip. I am driving a Slingshot Yellow '04 fully loaded. The vehicle is still stock. I do not have any pictures available at this time. Look forward to the chance to make the trip up from Rhode Island.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise

Wildcat....

We lived in Colleyville, Texas for 12 years and our daughter has a home in Frisco. Are we still Yankees?

We'll take a bunch of pictures and post 'em for ya'.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I wold love to come but am still down here in Costa Rica driving an ISUZU Terrios! Man I miss my truck but would not want it down here on these muddy pot holed dirt roads! THe surf was so big in Mal Pais that we had to go elsewhere to find somewhere small enough so we would not get clobbered! Surf was enormous!! Bone crushing stuff! Won't be back in the states until July 30.... :glol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The SSR team has all of the info that was eamiled to me. They will be letting us now soon who will be attending in the SSR tent!

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Woodward Cruise

Troy, are any of us going to receive that special invite to the Woodward Dream Cruise you were talking about? Its getting late, only 9 days away!

Scott 0168 :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
:thumbs :thumbs Just received an email from GM asking for my mailing address for invitation for the dream cruise!! :thumbs :thumbs I was planning on going anyway and this makes it all the better :thumbs :thumbs :jester

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
realprowlerfan said:
:thumbs :thumbs Just received an email from GM asking for my mailing address for invitation for the dream cruise!! :thumbs :thumbs I was planning on going anyway and this makes it all the better :thumbs :thumbs :jester
WOOOOOOOOOW.... Congrats! :thumbs Sounds like Chevrolet Marketing will be finally getting around to offically contacting those lucky few SSR owners who will be invited... :cool I sure hope that all of us here who had wanted to go will have an opportunity to do so.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got an e-mail also
:party
I will post plenty of pictures
Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Invitation

I also received the e-mail, asking for my mailing address. We will now await the snail mail to see the details. We are really looking forward to Woodward.

For 22 years we have hosted a car show just outstide of London and it usually falls the same weekend as the Dream Cruise. Not this year!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts