Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a simple way of connecting my iPod to the factory Bose system with the in dash cd changer? The FM transmitter for it blows.

Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Which one do you have???

We bought the DLO TranspodFM.. it was around $99 and it works great. Use it a lot in our other car as well. I'd recommend that one. Has enough connectors and such that getting it attached to the AC power plugs in the front and out of the way of the console, shifter, and still be able to see and work it without any problem. :)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
ssr3 said:
My son had no problems using the fm transmitter with his ipod.
Ditto, same here, I"m using a XtremeMac AirPlay on My Ipod Mini...

RickSSR :cool

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
I have a FM transmitter for my MP3 player. It works, but the sound quality is not great (no high/low tones). My previous car had a cassette player so I was using a MP3 to cassette adapter successfully in that car, but since the SSR has no cassette player, I had to find something else to use.

I recently installed a P.I.E. GM12-AUXV2 adapter. I purchased mine from Log Jam Electronics (link to that thread ). I used this last night while I was going to the hospital to visit my mom. It worked GREAT!

·
Registered
416 Posts
We're using a Monster Cable product (iCarPlay), which cost us about $80 at Best Buy. A single connector plugs into the bottom of the iPod to route audio from the player to the transmitter, as well as charge the iPod. It seems to work well, although on long trips you have to switch frequencies occasionally or a high-pitched whine sets in.

We also bought a molded hunk of soft rubber for about $10, that fits in the console-mounted cupholder and cradles the iPod. This after the iPod slid off the dashboard, and one corner of its metal body put a small chink in the body-color console surround, just in front of the shifter. (I still haven't gotten over this; I blame my lovely wife: it's her iPod and her idea to use it in "my" truck...)

·
Registered
121 Posts
IPod

I found the following when looking for an I-Pod adapter:

It is a PAC Aux-Pod. See www.logjamelectronics.com

I put a similar adapter in my '05 Colorado Sport pickup in about an hour. It works great! I wonder how bad the SSR install will be. I guess I'll find out soon - it's due in any day now.

Any instruction on SSR radio removal will be appreciated.

Can't wait to get it, so I can take it apart...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Harmon Kardon Drive+Play

I saw this advertised in Motor Trend this month. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone looking for an Ipod interface check this out. It would require an interface for the Bose system (unless you've already swapped out head units for something with RCA inputs or and AUX input), which is available from Logjam electronics (or any supplier of interfaces that give you additional inputs).

http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/tour.aspx

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I-Pod Continued

Just a few more cents worth:

I tried several of the FM adapters, and they are all marginal, at best. The factory radio adapters from Crutchfield give great sound (and I'm not an audiophile), but until I found the thing from logjam (see previous note) I couldn't find anything that would work with the 6-CD radio, much less retain the steering wheel controls. It ain't cheap at about $200 by the time you have everything, but if it works as well as the set-up in my Colorado (with the single CD), it will be worth every cent.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all of you folks out there.

Stroker

·
Registered
40 Posts
To throw my spare change... (why not?)... I am also not happy with my older iTrip's performance... and am rather disappointed that the SSR doesn't have AUX inputs.

FWIW, I have a Phatbox in my Jetta and I love it... I wish they had a Chevy hookup for it. It's driven by the radio as if it was a changer--it's all audio menus. Another gadget if you already have an ipod, but I like that fact that "it's just there" when I get it, no need to find the ipod when I leave. I would love to have it my SSR!!!

Anyway, with the SSR CD changer hookup... does it come with a wire hooked into it and already run to somewhere in the back (behind a seat, in the roof's compartment, in the rear)? Or is just the adapter? most cars have them pre-wired to the trunk...

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur 6 Speed
84 Posts
I too am looking into having my ipod intergraded into my truck using the stock Bose radio. Have looked into this unit, Axxess GMIP-01 GM iPod interface, have been told that it will work and all controls in steering wheel will work and read out will show on radio. The problem I have seen so far is I've been to a couple of places and no one has installed anything in a SSR and don't want them to screw anything up. One place told me if it didn't work the way I want and how it is suppose to, that they would take it out and not charge me, but they have never worked on a SSR. My question is how easy is it to get the dash off and get to the radio, any concerns about the air bag?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts