Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is becoming increasingly apparent that there is a glut of our favorite things on the market.... dealers who want to move the '04's are finally coming to their senses and it is not at all unreasonable to expect to be able to buy an SSr for as little as $500 over invoice; this is the reality in the metro Texas markets for example and there is a good supply of SSr's there... i.e. a really basic SSr that has an MSRP of $42k can be bought for in the order of $38.5k while one that lists for $46k should be offered at $42k or there abouts. this is better than what I understand GM supplier pricing to be but I could be in error...... :nono

Pricing for the improved '05 does not seem to have been posted as of this morning. Don't forget that it may well be better to have a 1Sa '05 with a couple of options than a loaded '04 if you are after performance BUT it will require premium fuel.... it is likely that there will be some real bargains on the thousand of unsold '03/'04's that are around once the '05 comes on the scene because it will be apparent that the earlier SSr's do not offer the 'package of benefits' such that the market will require a material price difference between an '05 and the 03/04 SSr's.... say 15% or $6k plus for the model year difference and a further $2.5k or more for the upgrades. :yesnod for a total of $8.5 or more...

What is happening where you are???? :seeya

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
$$$GMS & Supplier Discounts

GMS = GM out of Stock (Employee pricing) discounts and supplier discounts (4% over GMS pricing) have been available for a few months and in the Western, NY area. GM employee price is approx. 10% off Sticker... a far cry from the old days of big discounts. (Corvettes at one time were 20% markup)

I believe that some people are making much more out of the new engine by trying to make the 6.0 L engine the ONLY way to go or a MUST HAVE option. Don't get me wrong... I think its "great" to have more horsepower for sure but, I don't think that everyone wants or needs sheer horsepower!

If that was the case Chevrolet would only have made the Corvettes with just one engine option over the years instead of offering two or more per model year. I much rather have an SSR with all the options I want, then deal with a base 05 SSR just so I could have the larger engine.

Yes it is a great time to buy! But having an SSR early/first is a price that is worth the extra money for many. Don't expect the 05s to be discounted unless your dealer likes you an awful lot! :lol LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts