Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new 2005 6 spd. in Red, Black or Silver. Ready to buy today in the low $30's if possibe. I qualify for GMS pricing. If you know of any, I will be happy to pay finder's fee.

Chuck 248 363-5025

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Chuck Pelton said:
Looking for a new 2005 6 spd. in Red, Black or Silver. Ready to buy today in the low $30's if possibe. I qualify for GMS pricing. If you know of any, I will be happy to pay finder's fee.

Chuck 248 363-5025
I saw the silver one this dealer has about a week ago. They were asking around 38,500 for it. MSRP is 50,445. Happy Hunting!

ALDERMAN'S CHEVROLET, INC.
RTE 7 S
RUTLAND, VT 05701-
Phone: (802) 775-7151
Fax: (802) 775-0094

·
Registered
442 Posts
Those prices are a long ways from "low 30's". The 248 phone says you are in Oakland County, Michigan and the local paper has Stanford ads for about $34,995 or so (before recent $500 increase for rebate), so why not ask our forum member what he has for you? Since you are in Michigan, let me tell you about a way to avoid sales tax if you buy from out-of-state. If you buy out of our state you do not pay them sales tax and you get a non-Michigan title and then you can take it to our Michigan Sec'y of Wait's office and tell them your wife wants to buy the vehicle from you. They will charge you $10 and give her a Michigan title. No sales tax was charged. For a $35K car, that is a savings of $2100!!!!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
hot-rod said:
I Love this tax avoidance!
Except that it's probably illegal. In most states, they require that you claim the purchase on your tax form and then to pay the taxes, if the selling dealer didn't collect them. This also goes for all those internet purchases that you make too.....but does anyone actually claim the purchases and pay the taxes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good idea on the taxes, but that will only work on a used vehicle I suspect. If its new from out of state, all you will get is the MSO signed over to you, no title.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chuck Pelton said:

Chuck 248 363-5025
Chuck,
Did you get in touch with "Snowman" like in Mark Snow????? If so how did it go???
See Ya
Jim Burns:seeya

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
srpbaer said:
Chuck,
Did you get in touch with "Snowman" like in Mark Snow????? If so how did it go???
See Ya
Jim Burns:seeya
Jim,
I spoke to him several times in the last two days. With the SSR's that he has I cannot come close to what you paid for yours. The best he can do on the one on the floor is $39,000. I hope you sleep good at night because I think you stole yours. Thanks for the lead and maybe he will come up with something in the next few days but it does not look good at this time.

Chuck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
srpbaer said:
If you don't mind I will call him ask him what the deal is that he cant do the same for you as he did me?? Is that ok???
Jim,
Sure. I did ask him the same question and he said that your car was a GM factory car that they purchased at an auction. That is still OK for me but he does not have any of those left. Thanks to all that reponded, I have called all leads and nothing available yet.

Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts