Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking under mine today and I was wondering if it is possible to make a 4X4 SSR. The trailblazers have 4X4 capability and everyone says the frames are the same so why not. The hub on my SSR has splines and the suspension is shifted and bent so that a drive shaft would easily fit. I also noticed that my oil pan had a 2 inch hole that went all the way through, like it was there for an axle or something.

I'm not going to try this but thought it would be a really cool idea to consider.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

If not, what is that hole there for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
bobd54321 said:
I was looking under mine today and I was wondering if it is possible to make a 4X4 SSR. The trailblazers have 4X4 capability and everyone says the frames are the same so why not. The hub on my SSR has splines and the suspension is shifted and bent so that a drive shaft would easily fit. I also noticed that my oil pan had a 2 inch hole that went all the way through, like it was there for an axle or something.

I'm not going to try this but thought it would be a really cool idea to consider.

In Moscow on service have told, that the forward suspension bracket has details 4õ4 Trial Blazer. I think that all probably, but it will weight and so heavy before and the sense is not present. To you not enough a back drive?????:eek

BUT ALL IS POSSIBLE In THIS MAD WORLD!!!!! MONEY!!!!:willy:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Pania said:
In Moscow on service have told, that the forward suspension bracket has details 4õ4 Trial Blazer. I think that all probably, but it will weight and so heavy before and the sense is not present. To you not enough a back drive?????:eek

BUT ALL IS POSSIBLE In THIS MAD WORLD!!!!! MONEY!!!!:willy:
WTF? Over:confused :confused :confused :confused

·
Registered
374 Posts
bobd54321 said:

This has been brought up before... the Search button is your friend!

Not to be an a-hole, but seriously, I think even Freezer piped in on this. It's a good read.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Spoke to Quigley Motor Co prior to getting my ride. They are a major player in after market 4x4 conversions for Ford and GM. They had never done an SSR and had no interest in looking into it.

jhs

Jules

1 - 7 of 7 Posts