Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol

Seriously. I'm thinking about joining AAA, but they spend your money on a lot of wierd political stuff. Plus, I'm wondering if there's maybe a more sophisticated service that would get you a flatbed anywhere in the country.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,714 Posts
Road Side Assistance

dougnc said:
Is it true GM doesn't offer OnStar on a truck with no spares?

Seriously. I'm thinking about joining AAA ...
Unfortunately no spare and due to some interference issues with the roof area etc Onstar isn't offered in the SSR... also missing is the compass due to the same issue.

Really no need to get AAA because you have GM Road Side Assistance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
dougnc said:
:lol

Seriously. I'm thinking about joining AAA, but they spend your money on a lot of wierd political stuff. Plus, I'm wondering if there's maybe a more sophisticated service that would get you a flatbed anywhere in the country.
The fact of the matter is that the only vehicle that GM produces that doesn't have a spare tire is the SSR.....therefor that is a true statement at this time. By the year 2007 all GM vehicles will be equiped with Onstar.

·
Registered
474 Posts
steve said:
The fact of the matter is that the only vehicle that GM produces that doesn't have a spare tire is the SSR.....therefor that is a true statement at this time. By the year 2007 all GM vehicles will be equiped with Onstar.
Sorry to correct you on this one, but Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has NO spare tire either.. same treatment you guys get on your SSR's.

Gm's Roadside Assistance should do you just fine.

good luck

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marc NY said:
Unfortunately no spare and due to some interference issues with the roof area etc Onstar isn't offered in the SSR... also missing is the compass due to the same issue.

Really no need to get AAA because you have GM Road Side Assistance.
How does that work? There's no information about it on chevrolet.com, at least I could find.

Is there like one number I can call from the side of the road and they send out a flatbed? Even after dealer hours?

·
Registered
474 Posts
dougnc said:
How does that work? There's no information about it on chevrolet.com, at least I could find.

Is there like one number I can call from the side of the road and they send out a flatbed? Even after dealer hours?
Maybe i can help answer this one.... in your owners manual there should be the number for the Road Side Assistance... They also gave me a card with the number to put in my wallet with the Vette. I never have had to use them, but my mom had a flat tire once and they came out and changed her tire on here Caddy. Also her car broke down in the drive way once and they came with a flatbed and hauled it to the shop.

You can call Gm's Roadside Assistance 24/7

Hope this helps... good luck with your SSR

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,714 Posts
In SSR Onwers Manual

dougnc said:

It is inside your Owners Manual on page 7-6

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Z16Z06 said:
Sorry to correct you on this one, but Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has NO spare tire either.. same treatment you guys get on your SSR's.

Gm's Roadside Assistance should do you just fine.

good luck
You are exactly right I forgot about the Z06 kuddos

·
Registered
3 Posts
If we want to get real nit-picky, runflats were first offered as an option on 1994 Corvettes (C4). All C5s and C6s don't come with spares either, not just the Z06.

If you want to take your SSR touring, why not bring along a couple of spares? Will the stock rear wheel and tire combo fit in the bed?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Roadside

So does this Roadside assitance have a time or mileage limit.....like 3 years or 36k miles?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Spares in Bed

I have found that you can fit one front and rear wheel and tire in the bed, but I had to let the air out of both in order to get them to fit. They take up A LOT of space, but it can be done. Fortunately, you have the GM air pump to fill them up if needed.

G

·
Chevrolet roadside assistance # is only good durning the 1st 3 yrs or 36k whichever comes 1st...phone # is 1-800-CHEV-USA. I just hooked up on a great plan thru Allstate...will tow any listed driver, in any car they are driving, where ever they are in the U.S. plus has over night stay coverage etc...only about $8.00 a month or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts