Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well of course not..it's just the BEST in my crazy book..:jester I thought I could have ANY color I wanted..yeah right..:eek ...found out them internet lo-ball deals were just that..internet not local..:mad well, before I tossed the dice on my "used" (and affordable) Brass Hat '05 deal, I looked at the "new" ones..Silver??(decided too many silver cars already)..Black ??, Aw I got a Black Camaro convert and a Black HD already..plus my trade was a BLACK '03 TBird..(not smart in the desert)..so no more black please, ..Pacific Blue ??..gorgeous..!!!..but I'm not nutz about blue cars ..Yellow???????:leaving too much for me Baby..I loved the chrome interior on a the Tu-Tones I saw..but too busy paint for me..well what's left..I didn't care for the Aqua Chameleon paint either...Here's the RUB,..I confess I swore after the Red Corvettes I had, I wouldn't want any RED again either..BUT, ithere it was.. at my local Pontiac dealer..On the point..!!..it haunted me for weeks..every time I drove by it on that freakin' podium it CALLED to me..:cry I even fell off the damn podium one early morn looking at it and darn near busted my A**.....:nopity... Well long story short, it's RED and damn I'm glad every time I look at it..:seeya

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Red was my choice also. This is actaully my second ever red vehical.

Jim

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
It's What Ever Color Trips Your Trigger

As they say one man/womans treasure (color) is another mans/womans trash. or visa versa.

Anyway, my favorite color is kandy. wether its blue, red, gold, orange, green or purple. They just have more appeal to me than solid colors.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Sorry everyone but Smokin Asphalt is the best color. It's so classic looking, that's why I call it Black Tie. Also no other color can show a shine like a Black vehicle. I've had about nine black cars.

:glol :smash :glol :smash :glol :smash​

·
Registered
442 Posts
The "best" color is the one you prefer. Anything else is like saying; "My school is better than yours!" or "My dad can beat up yours!" Kind of like discussing politics and/or religion.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Come on Wildcat66, aren't you going to jump in there and help me tell them that the Slingshot Yellow is the way to go? :jester

I must admit, it wasn't my first choice, but now that I have it, I would buy another yellow one tomorrow.:agree

It looks good in daylight, nighttime, fluorescent lighting, etc. AND, you can't hardly tell when it's dirty. And the luminescence of the color simply GLOWS at times......:cool

OK, let the fighting begin!:smash

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Red Color

WE had a survey last year and RED WON over yellow :glol :glol :glol :glol :agree :seeya

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
The marketing people at GM, who are never wrong, have definitely cast their vote in favor of yellow. It's in MOST of their ads in print and television, and was plastered all over North America on those giant billboards. They occasionally show a red one in ads, and even in rare occasions the black. Can anyone remember an ad with gray (ooops - silver) or aqua?:jester

With the SSR disappearing, we're unlikely to see any more major ad campaigns, so the other colors will probably not be seen in advertising.

And so in conclusion, my dear friends, there is irrefutable evidence that yellow is by far the best choice. The fact that more reds have been built than yellows is simply an indication that a great number amongst us do not have the inner strength to risk getting away from the ordinary and prefer to remain mired in mediocrity.:glol

I wonder if RedSSRloaded is still with us - I'm sure he would have something to say about this.

Ray

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Flassh said:
The marketing people at GM, who are never wrong, have definitely cast their vote in favor of yellow. It's in MOST of their ads in print and television, and was plastered all over North America on those giant billboards. They occasionally show a red one in ads, and even in rare occasions the black. Can anyone remember an ad with gray (ooops - silver) or aqua?:jester

With the SSR disappearing, we're unlikely to see any more major ad campaigns, so the other colors will probably not be seen in advertising.

And so in conclusion, my dear friends, there is irrefutable evidence that yellow is by far the best choice. The fact that more reds have been built than yellows is simply an indication that a great number amongst us do not have the inner strength to risk getting away from the ordinary and prefer to remain mired in mediocrity.:glol

I wonder if RedSSRloaded is still with us - I'm sure he would have something to say about this.

Ray
:agree What Ray said..........:jester

·
Registered
8 Posts
slingshot all the way!!!

I love red vehicles, and that is usually what I buy. The dealership where I bought mine had a red one and a yellow one sitting side by side on the showroom floor. I had actually walked in planning to buy the red one, but the more I looked at them, the more appealing the yellow one was to me. For me, I think it added to the retro and unique look. I love the red ones, and to each their own, but I wouldn't trade my slingshot yellow for anything!!! (I would love to have a red C6 corvette though!)

:seeya

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I guess I will have to stand up for Ultra Violet, although I like the Slingshot and Pacific Blue and Ricochet Silver and .................... It's whatever trips your trigger.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
What colors mean:

What colors say about you

What does your favorite color say about you, whether it's cars, fashion or blenders? Color experts such as Lee Eiseman are paid to figure such things out. Here Eiseman describes what car color reveals about an owner's personality. The colors are listed in order, according to DuPont Automotive's ranking of the most popular automotive colors in North America:

1. Silver: Elegant, loves futuristic looks, cool.

2. White: Fastidious.

3. Vibrant Red: Sexy, speedy, high energy and dynamic.

4. Deep Blue-Red: Some of the same qualities as red, but far less obvious about it.

5. Light to Mid-Blue: Cool, calm, faithful, quiet.

6. Dark Blue: Credible, confident, dependable.

7. Taupe/Light Brown: Timeless, basic and simple tastes.

8. Black: Empowered, not easily manipulated, loves elegance, appreciates classics.

9. Neutral Gray: Sober, corporate, practical, pragmatic.

10. Dark Green: Traditional, trustworthy, well-balanced.

11. Bright Yellow-Green: Trendy, whimsical, lively.

12. Yellow Gold: Intelligent, warm, loves comfort and will pay for it.

13. Sunshine (Slingshot?) Yellow: Sunny disposition, joyful and young at heart.

14. Deep Brown: Down-to-earth, no-nonsense.

15. Orange: Fun-loving, talkative, fickle and trendy.

16. Deep Purple: Creative, individualistic, original.

Hot colors over the past 50 years

Henry Ford once said that customers could have a Model T Ford in any color, "as long as it's black." But in later decades, Americans took to bolder colors in all areas of life:

1950s: Two-tone Chevys and Studebakers in pinks, yellows and aquas roamed the earth, with pink the No. 3 most popular color in 1957, according to DuPont. The yen for pastels was also a trend in clothing and home appliances at the time and a sign of Eisenhower-era optimism.

1960s: In the early part of the decade, cars were more muted; the brown, turquoise or white of a Jackie Kennedy sheath. The youthquake of the late '60s, with its psychedelic colors, influenced fashion, but despite all those yellow Roadrunners and red Mustangs, the most popular car colors were gold, brown and green.

1970s: Earth tones were still in full sway, and the avocado green, gold, maroon and browns seen in laundry rooms and on maxi skirts were also on our cars. Silver blue surged in the late '70s.

1980s: Sure, teal and a bluish red were big in leg-warmer colors, and those old teal cars really stick out on the road, but gray actually was the most popular color during the middle part of the big-hair era.

1990s: Back to earth tones with browns, tans, white and especially greens, which ruled in the mid-'90s, as the minimalist Calvin Klein is big in fashion. Black is very big in fashion and car color, with a brief window of popularity for champagne-colored cars toward the end of the decade.

2000s: Always popular, white surged into first place after the turn of the millennium, until silver once again tightened its grip on the hearts of car buyers. But in home furnishings, electronics and fashion, bright color made a comeback, with Hollywood starlets eschewing the little black dress for pink, copper-brown and orange gowns on the red carpet.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
It saddens me to see so many misinformed people in this forum.
Especially those who seem to think that anything from GM is gospel.

As everyone should know - Silver is the best SSR color.:jester :glol

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
That explains us Redliners

SEXY, SPEEDY,HIGH ENERGY AND DYNAMIC:glol :glol :glol
Now I've got to take my pills to stay that way:cry :cry :sleep

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
So ... if I get a silver/black, can I claim to have the characteristics of both?

Ray

·
Registered
480 Posts
CashSax said:
Well of course not..it's just the BEST in my crazy book..:jester I thought I could have ANY color I wanted..yeah right..:eek ...found out them internet lo-ball deals were just that..internet not local..:mad well, before I tossed the dice on my "used" (and affordable) Brass Hat '05 deal, I looked at the "new" ones..Silver??(decided too many silver cars already)..Black ??, Aw I got a Black Camaro convert and a Black HD already..plus my trade was a BLACK '03 TBird..(not smart in the desert)..so no more black please, ..Pacific Blue ??..gorgeous..!!!..but I'm not nutz about blue cars ..Yellow???????:leaving too much for me Baby..I loved the chrome interior on a the Tu-Tones I saw..but too busy paint for me..well what's left..I didn't care for the Aqua Chameleon paint either...Here's the RUB,..I confess I swore after the Red Corvettes I had, I wouldn't want any RED again either..BUT, ithere it was.. at my local Pontiac dealer..On the point..!!..it haunted me for weeks..every time I drove by it on that freakin' podium it CALLED to me..:cry I even fell off the damn podium one early morn looking at it and darn near busted my A**.....:nopity... Well long story short, it's RED and damn I'm glad every time I look at it..:seeya
You were meant for each other!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts