Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And how much is it? Can you buy certain pieces, or must you buy the entire package?

Thanks!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was wondering if I could purchase the package and retrofit it to my 2004? We are very up in the air today deciding whether to buy a 2006, or add a few things to the 2004 (which was recently paid off, so I hate to start all over again!).

Do you know if the package is available aftermarket, or as a dealer accessory after the sale?

:seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
vettegirl said:
Thanks! I was wondering if I could purchase the package and retrofit it to my 2004? We are very up in the air today deciding whether to buy a 2006, or add a few things to the 2004 (which was recently paid off, so I hate to start all over again!).

Do you know if the package is available aftermarket, or as a dealer accessory after the sale?

:seeya
The outside chrome package can be ordered thru your Chevy dealer for $1000. There is no package for the interior. The parts need to be ordered seperate. You would need the vin# off a 2006 with the chrome package and a dealer that would take the time to look them up. Looks like the interior chrome coud be about $2000. I should have all the numbers by the end of the day. PM me if you would like further information.
Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
My suggestion is to put no more money into your '04, drive it a bunch and then trade it in, expecting poor resale but a surprisingly good price for your new one to partially offset that tradein loss. There is no hurry. New '03's are still at the dealers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,668 Posts
My dealer here in dallas gave me blue book on my 04 when I traded it in on the 06
hadn't done any mods to it, 22,800 miles - he had it on the used car lot, but didn't see it there this weekend so he may have sold it already
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
Nancy, Your dealer may have convinced you he gave you blue book but he did not necessarily unless you worked out the price of your new one BEFORE you talked about your tradein. Dealers will sell $40K cars for $34 w/0 a trade and then tell you they are giving you blue book of $20K and charge you $17K for the new one which means you are actually getting $17K blue book, see? It is a game. I have never seen a dealer give blue book in reality w/o affecting the price of the new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Danko said:
Nancy, Your dealer may have convinced you he gave you blue book but he did not necessarily unless you worked out the price of your new one BEFORE you talked about your tradein. Dealers will sell $40K cars for $34 w/0 a trade and then tell you they are giving you blue book of $20K and charge you $17K for the new one which means you are actually getting $17K blue book, see? It is a game. I have never seen a dealer give blue book in reality w/o affecting the price of the new one.

Danko...I think she knows how to read.


(And before you comment....just remember your prevoius post when someone else was just giving you some useful information.)
 

·
Las Vegas Mob
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
Chrome package is available . .

A 7-piece chrome package is available from your dealer for about 875.00. I do not have the part # in front of me but a quick search on this site for "chrome package" should bring it up. It has been posted a couple of times previously. I put the package on my 04 UV with chrome wheels - and it is the "schiznit" (to quote my son!).

Blast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
chrome package

the chrome package listed by gm is an EXTERIOR package. i was hoping we could push gm to put together an INTERIOR chrome package as well.:leaving
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
nytmare said:
the chrome package listed by gm is an EXTERIOR package. i was hoping we could push gm to put together an INTERIOR chrome package as well.:leaving

I'd like to have the chrome interior also, Good luck getting GM to do it...


Wildcat, bring back the last avatar you had:reddevil
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top