Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR is going to be at the dealer for the "broken door handle" problem when the parts arrive. My 2003 often runs in the 250 to 260 range when in traffic. Is there a GM TSB # for this overheating problem? I'd like for the dealer to address the problem, and have the needed parts on hand, when my car is at their Service Dept.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Sounds like the fan may not be working. 235 is normal in traffic. Have them troubleshoot it at the dealer.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
RedTn.SSR said:
My SSR is going to be at the dealer for the "broken door handle" problem when the parts arrive. My 2003 often runs in the 250 to 260 range when in traffic. Is there a GM TSB # for this overheating problem? I'd like for the dealer to address the problem, and have the needed parts on hand, when my car is at their Service Dept.

My 2003 never runs above 210....except when the water pump failed and then last week when the fan went.

Definitely have the dealer check that BOTH fan speeds are working.....they probably aren't. (and there is a TSB....but I don't know the #).

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
WOW_FCTR said:
My 2003 never runs above 210....except when the water pump failed and then last week when the fan went.

Definitely have the dealer check that BOTH fan speeds are working.....they probably aren't. (and there is a TSB....but I don't know the #).
I have a 2004 and I have same problem in traffic my truck will run about 242 degrees to 282.5 on my Master Tech scanner tool. I have complained to the
Dealership and GMC about this problem 6 times. My question is it the 5.3L that is the only problem child engine or are the 6.0L SSR having this type of problem.

Replacement of thermostat and recovery cap doesn't solve problem. I have cooling fan working on slow speed when it starts past the first indicator after 210 degrees (in my '04 that has always read 242 degrees). I do not believe that
it kicks into high blower after 260 degrees. Strange that the transmission fluid
is still red. My concern is what extra wear and tear has been done to the engine?
I only have 5738 miles on my '04. Has been in the the dealership shop more that in my garage.

I have a call into Delco Technican service regarding this problem. Window leaking
on both sides after replacement of weatherstips twice. Radio that will loose stations just sitting still at stop sign, loss of memory with dirver 1 and 2.
IF I get any information through AC Delco I will post this to everybody with '03 and
'04 models.

Robert Salerno

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Robert Salerno said:
I have a call into Delco Technican service regarding this problem. Window leaking
on both sides after replacement of weatherstips twice. Radio that will loose stations just sitting still at stop sign, loss of memory with dirver 1 and 2.
IF I get any information through AC Delco I will post this to everybody with '03 and
'04 models.

Robert Salerno
For some of these problems, we have threads with solutions. Do a search:
1) window leaking. There could be an alignment problem.
2) Radio. The antenna on your window could have been cut accidentally when someone removed the window sticker. Solution is replace windsheild.
3) loss of memory....ok I don't remember if anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still Can't Find A TSB #.

I used the "search" function, went to the Edmunds site that was suggested, tried "Google", and I just haven't been able to find a GM TSB # concerning overheating with the SSR. I think it's pretty well common knowledge that overheating is a problem with some of the SSR's but it looks like GM/Chevrolet hasn't issued a TSB to the dealers pertaining to it. If someone should find, or know, of a TSB # pls. let me know. Thanx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts