Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
189 the LAST blur
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back window was getting more difficult to see out of now that I started to drive with the top up as the weather is getting cooler. 1st time since I got it decided to windex the back window inside. My previous black R didn't have the windnreak to contend with - easy peezie. What a pain trying to get behind the windbreak from each side. The bottom middle I finished with my micro fiber on a paint stick. There must be an easier way AND without taking the windbreak off. At least I got it 99% now and this will do for the rest of the season.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,420 Posts
Have you considered something like this, Tom?

I have witnessed them being used frequently at Car Shows although I have never tried one myself. I routinely use many Invisible Glass products and they are GREAT.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
My back window was getting more difficult to see out of now that I started to drive with the top up as the weather is getting cooler. 1st time since I got it decided to windex the back window inside. My previous black R didn't have the windnreak to contend with - easy peezie. What a pain trying to get behind the windbreak from each side. The bottom middle I finished with my micro fiber on a paint stick. There must be an easier way AND without taking the windbreak off. At least I got it 99% now and this will do for the rest of the season.
Do you have an oem windbreak? If so, I would recommend taking it off for the winter anyway. Surprising how much better you can see.

I just carry a 10MM deep socket and ratchet with me. Easy to remove when I want to wash the inside of the window. I clay barred mine last week. I was surprised what it got off the glass.

IMO

Dave

·
189 the LAST blur
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have an oem windbreak? If so, I would recommend taking it off for the winter anyway. Surprising how much better you can see.

I just carry a 10MM deep socket and ratchet with me. Easy to remove when I want to wash the inside of the window. I clay barred mine last week. I was surprised what it got off the glass.

IMO

Dave
Thanks Dave. Sounds like a plan and easy tool fix. Not like I don't have them.
I partially lower the top and clean it by reaching in from both sides. Personally, I only use a water-dampened microfiber towel.

·
189 the LAST blur
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dave. Sounds like a plan and easy tool fix. Not like I don't have them.
I'm going to try with the top partially lowered first. I hate taking anything apart if it works, isn't broken etc installed from the factory. Less chance of getting damaged, lost etc too.

·
189 the LAST blur
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I partially lower the top and clean it by reaching in from both sides. Personally, I only use a water-dampened microfiber towel.
As I just mentioned I'm going to try your suggestion first. I mistakenly said windex which I rarely use even when I win them at Corvette Shows. My preferred choice is SPRAYWAY from Ace Hardware with 3-M microfiber, to each there own.

·
SSR Believer
1,668 Posts
As I just mentioned I'm going to try your suggestion first. I mistakenly said windex which I rarely use even when I win them at Corvette Shows. My preferred choice is SPRAYWAY from Ace Hardware with 3-M microfiber, to each there own.
Agreed, Sprayway is absolutely the best window cleaner available. Buy it in a three-pack at Costco.

Great tips for getting at the rear window. I’m able to reach behind our Windjammer without too much trouble, but I may invest in one of those “helpers”. Thanks all! (y)

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,361 Posts
My luck, taking the Factory Windscreen off and on, I would probably TEAR the mesh o_O

Nick

·
189 the LAST blur
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's always on my mind too Nick. Even really simple tasks sometimes go sideways. I like the Bed, Bath Tool and will check on it next time out shopping. This turned into a very helpful thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts