Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
No way - it's for real - its one of only 3 05's made with Corvette Drivetrains. How do I know? - it has a Corvette emblem on the engine cover.:glol :glol :glol :glol

Check the questions he's been asked - can't document the HP rating, but now claims it was intended to go to Indy as a pace truck, just didn't get the decals.

Ray

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Flassh said:
No way - it's for real - its one of only 3 05's made with Corvette Drivetrains. How do I know? - it has a Corvette emblem on the engine cover.:glol :glol :glol :glol

Check the questions he's been asked - can't document the HP rating, but now claims it was intended to go to Indy as a pace truck, just didn't get the decals.

Ray
One of those questions was mine...I wanted to catch him in a lie...and he lied. I reported him to ebay.:reddevil :reddevil

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Looks like reporting this guy to ebay got some action. Item now says:

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

Relisted it under item: 4604075843

At least the fluff in his ad isn't an out and out lie now.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ssr blur said:
Looks like reporting this guy to ebay got some action. Item now says:

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

Relisted it under item: 4604075843

At least the fluff in his ad isn't an out and out lie now.
That's good to know that eBay just doesn't sit around twiddling their thumbs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW_FCTR said:
That's good to know that eBay just doesn't sit around twiddling their thumbs.
Not to deny anyone the opportunity to make a buck, but he bought the truck in Texas in October with just a few miles on it for $34,000. Item 4582296330.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Chuck Pelton said:
Not to deny anyone the opportunity to make a buck, but he bought the truck in Texas in October with just a few miles on it for $34,000. Item 4582296330.
So he bought it used? It says in his description 'one owner' guess that's not true either. I wonder what that sticker that he put on it means? (SB1 6.0)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
I think he got the 1SB option package messed up.
hmm....

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
My ebay questions and answers from this clown

My question: What documentation do you have from GM about this being a 1 of 3 425HP Special Edition 2005?

His answer: There are no documents about this, but with my connects through the corvette plant here in Bowling Green, Ky I have gotten my information on this truck. That is why I have this truck because of the extra hp, it sets itself apart from all the other ones. If you are to see and hear the truck you will know that it has much more than 390 hp. It will smoke the tires in every gear, showing that it is not a 390 horse.

My question: Since all SSR's are built in Lansing, Michigan, what does Bowling Green have to do with it? All 2005 SSR's have the Corvette LS2 motor making 390 HP (As your window sticker points out). Without any documentation to back up your claims you should not be making them.

His answer: The SSR is not selling like they intended, so the Corvette plant in Bowling Green is assisting in getting the horse power up for the future sales of the 2006 addition of the SSR if it continues to be around. Noone can predict what GM is going to do. Don't continue to ask questions like this, if you want it bid on it, if you don't then don't bid. Interpret it however you choose to, and do not ask this question again.

What some people will do to sell something...how do these people sleep at night??

·
Machell
20,829 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
ssr blur said:
That is the one. His earlier listing (4603824709) was full of BS about it being a 1 of 3 425 HP limited edition SSR.
He did a lot of backpedaling didn't he? :lol we should send wolfie over to see it! :reddevil!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't know what vettes he has or has been driving, but I'd go up against him with the 2006 vette any day of the week. I seriously dought that this SSR is going to outrun it unless he has a blower on it (really big blower).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts