Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"It followed me home" Did not work on my wife ... Trying to tell her we need a second one to keep the first one from being lonely.
Pulled our black 03 out of storage today, before the lawn gets soft and I get traped in the shop for 2-3 weeks. I have 100 feet of lawn to the shop, from the paved driveway and I don't want rutts.
Took her up town for a couple hours this morning. She's sitting at 520 miles on the OD. Time to start working on the hood, I have found a steel scoop that I will adjust and weld to my spare hood. And I have decided to go with Ghost blue, purple, and teal Scallopes on the sides, hood,and edge of cargo lid, leaving room for a airbrush image in the center of lid later. Tail gate will be shaved with the SSR logo ghosted on and tied into the pinstripeing on the tail lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
What a Great Deal!

REBEL said:
"It followed me home" Did not work on my wife ... Trying to tell her we need a second one to keep the first one from being lonely.
Pulled our black 03 out of storage today, before the lawn gets soft and I get traped in the shop for 2-3 weeks. I have 100 feet of lawn to the shop, from the paved driveway and I don't want rutts.
Took her up town for a couple hours this morning. She's sitting at 520 miles on the OD. Time to start working on the hood, I have found a steel scoop that I will adjust and weld to my spare hood. And I have decided to go with Ghost blue, purple, and teal Scallopes on the sides, hood,and edge of cargo lid, leaving room for a airbrush image in the center of lid later. Tail gate will be shaved with the SSR logo ghosted on and tied into the pinstripeing on the tail lights.
.... P.S. this 05 silver 6 speed is now reduced down to 65,000
What a Great Deal!

I wonder why no-one has snatched it up! :glol

:seeya E :seeya

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey REBEL,

Have you given up on the portholes?

But, it is good to see that it was nice enough to drive today!

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buffarooney

Buffarooney … My English wheel skills are not good enough to produce what I wanted. I refuse to try and marry fibreglass to steel; it’s just a timebomb. So walking the boneyard, all the steel hoods I can find are on the small side. The one I bought is a low rise with gentle slope that I will have to cut shorter in length to fit the SSR hood. So the Port holes (2003/4 @ $47 employee) or a 1953 set $200 with pit marks needing rechrome) will not fit on the side of hump as I had wanted. (I have a set of 73/74 Electra rectangle dummy ports that I had saved, but they don’t look right.)
But now I’m going to do a 40’s custom along the "edge" of the SSR hood, very mild mod. The goal to hide the wipers is not going to happen, but the Vdub DNA will be gonzo. (The original SSR hood was not killed or harmed in this mod. :) )

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
REBEL said:
The goal to hide the wipers is not going to happen, but the Vdub DNA will be gonzo. (The original SSR hood was not killed or harmed in this mod. :) )

First of all, if GM didn't want to put a "bump" on the top of the windshield for an XM Radio or OnStar, etc., because it would distroy the flowing looks, BUT didn't hide the wipers?

I'm sure it was because they felt it couldn't be done reasonably....

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try a different angle

I will look at making the wiper blade arms, quick connect. Maybe remove the latch tab that is hard to work and drill through the arm and post for a quick pin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts