Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word from my dealer today.. I am number two for delivery ( red line red) and my delivery date just got moved again, (From Sept to Oct, to now.... Dec 7)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Merry Christmas. I have a build date of Nov. with delivery of Christmas. What a nice Christmas present! Enjoy the wait...Bracing for Isabel.....Whoa...what a monster that is..Ed

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
build date confusion

:banghead
I ordered my SSR in May 03, OK?
In July I get a build date of 9-15-03.
So far so good.
On August 29 I checked the build date
again. SAME DATE!!! GOOD--It hasn't
been moved back.
HOWEVER, today, September 16. 2003
we checked the build date. Guess what.
It has been moved?????? to 9-01-03.
What is the General doing to us?
No VIN has been issued so that tells us
the thing hasn't been built yet.
I sincerely believe that the right hand
doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
:cry :confused :cry
:cuss
I guess I shouldn't care WHEN it gets here
as long as it doesn't leak and the sheet
metal is right.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If they would put a six liter in it and paint mine Silver & still be an '03 I could wait a couple of more months :cheers :banghead

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Build Date

Was out of touch with my salesman last week,My build date got moved again. It is now 9/22/03, sounds like this is the case with just about everyone.:

·
Banned
41 Posts
I seriously doubt any car will be delivered in September or even early October. My guess? The first cars will be here in November. This leaky top is not easy to fix. I wonder if the first 25 VINs have the same problems. How about the Vin#1 going for $134k and now leaking? What a piece of [email protected]#* job GM has done handling the situation. I am seriously now thinking to pull mu deposit. Better kiss the re-sale goodbye.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:bs Willsellit: When did you become an expert on leaky seals for the SSR? Be happy that they are going to fix any problems before they get shipped. You don't want them sending out a bunch of defective vehicles and tarnishing their image do you? Considering this is the very first vertically stored hard top retractable vehicle, they were bound to have probs. and deadlines were sure to change. It will come when it comes and it will be awesome. Most of us plan on keeping ours, and frankly, your attitude about keeping it a little while and making a profit off of it by selling it to some poor sap on the street at an inflated rate kind of ticks me off. Why don't you get back your deposit and buy one of those mercedes hard tops at a higher price? Give the General a break for cryin out loud. They have a hot product and want us to be happy when we get it, not bummed out and getting recalls because they rushed the thing.

·
Banned
41 Posts
:boxing First of all I don't care if my attitude ticks you off. I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks of my intentions on this car either. What I know is that I probably had my deposit in long before you had even heard there was an SSR. I never had the intention of selling this car. I got it because I wanted it. I buy cars on impulse. That is my weakness. I wanted this car and wanted to keep it. I have built a special garage for it. (I chose this nick since my first nick mysteriously got dumped on this website, and I must have been mad at GM on that day.)

The problem I have is with GM. This car when it started was a lot cheaper, faster, and lighter. Then our great GM engineers got to work and ruined it. Now there is a leaking top. You'd think that they would hammer this thing out before it got so close to the production date. You'd think they would test, as you put it, "the very first vertically stored hard top " before it got to the production line. What else is going to go wrong with this car once we get it? It's been 3 years of development on this car and they still can't get it right. Can you say Prowler?

I belong to a couple of European car forums( I own a BMW and a Range Rover)and find myself defending the domestic cars all the time. They call them POS cars. I don't agree with them but quality control is something that has been lost in Detroit (or Lancing in our case) for a long time. If you are happy that it took them this long to find out about the leaky tops ( they had to ship back some units from the dealerships), you are just fooling yourself. This problem should have been solved a long time ago. The uniqueness of this car comes from the retractable top. Now that part is F#$*ed up! Way to go Mr. Lutz.

Am I going to sell this car? Not that it's any of your business, but Sure. I sell all my cars. On average I buy a car every 12 to 18 months.When am I going to sell it? I don't know. At the moment, I am planning to keep it for a few months and see how it drives. I like fast cars. If I 'm happy with it, I'll probably keep it for a while. If I'm not, I'm going to sell it. Now, you are telling me that it ticks you off if I sell it for a profit. Get real man. What are you, a Communist? If I don't like the car and someone is going to pay me more than I paid for it, guess what? I'm selling it. If you tell me that you won't do the same and would sell a car that you don't like at a lower price than someone is offering you, I'd tell you that you've got a "leaky top". Just don't go to GM to fix it.

A far as the Mercedes Benz retractable top goes, I love them. A buddy of mine has an SL55 AMG with a retractable top. You should see it. Supercharged 5.5L 24-valve V-8 engine
493 hp @ 6,100 rpm
Net torque 516 lb-ft @ 2,750 - 4,000 rpm

The price : $120,000. If it takes that much to build a car with a retractable top, then don't make one for half-assed one for half that price.

Cheers

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to sell or not to sell ???

In support of "willsellit", I myself have the first "2" SSR's that my dealer will obtain. I put my first deposit on the SSR in late 2001. We all are born to the American way. If one can make money , whichever way legally, more power to him or her. We are all impatient for the truck and I will say that I am dissappointed in the H.P to Weight ratio, but again you have a choice "not to buy".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts