Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2004 Slingshot May 18th from a dealer in Vermont (good $$), and had it shipped to me in California. After weekly delays with one transport company, I switched to Fedex Custom Critical. Their driver called today, and will deliver tomorrow.

YEAH!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight.

I test drove a 2003 or 4 in Las Vegas to make sure I really liked and wanted this truck, I am sure! and will finally have my own tomorrow!!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their insights, ideas, concerns, pictures and more. I am here daily! :)

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Welcome!!!!!

Great color choice, too. :)

I hope you get as much pleasure out of your SSR as we have - it still gets a lot of attention in shows, and about 20 smiles per gallon all the time.

As an aside - your serial number would indicate a 2003 model, unless it's got a 1 in front, placing it into the 12000 range. General concensus is that 03s will eventually become more valuable than 04s, so nothing wrong with an 03 number.

Ray

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Sweet Dreams...

Have a good nites rest and enjoy your SSR.:thumbs

Happy Cruisin' :ssr

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope its an 04!

You are right, there is a 1 in front of the 4 number VIN I posted, and I have changed it in my profile. My window sticker says 2004!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
You'll love doing burnouts they are so fun. The first one I did was about 50 feet and I had to hit the brakes to keep from pulling out into traffic. I looked back and my brother in law(Corvette owner) was standing in the middle of the 2 smoking stripes in the parking lot with his jaw hanging wide open...It was like something out of a movie. Then a LADY in a BMW drove by and gave me the finger.. We laughed so hard. It was like being a kid again!
Zack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts