Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so this is the SSR forum, but there are a lot of you out there who may be interested. I have a '49 Ford F1 pickup that I bought 9 years ago as a retirement project. My idea was to completely redo it and make it a street rod, totally dismantle all the body parts, repaint and flame, and install headers... the whole deal. It has a reconditioned 289 Cobra V8 engine with about 4,000 miles on it that purrs, real dual exhaust, a Mustang C4 automatic transmission with Hurst speed shifter, and a 3/4 ton rear end. It's in pretty good shape and until now, has been a work truck. I drove it as a daily driver for 6 months after I bought it, and now it only gets run once a week for chores and to keep it going. When I saw the SSR concept model and the first show rods, I knew I had to have one, so now instead of putting $20k or more into the '49 Pickup, I have decided to sell it and put the effort into my SSR. Thought I'd list it here on the forum before I get it into eBay in case anyone is interested. Want $8,000 for it and buyer pays transportation. PM me if you are interested. Photos attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
the same thing happened when I saw the ssr slowed way down on working on a 55 chevy pu with chopped top 3.5 inches 300 horse small block crate motor 400 trans relocated the fuel tank it was cool but had to have the ssr just sold it for 5000 new motor and never even started.. :eek :nopity

F

·
0 Posts
Nice!

Always loved the old pick-ups,guess that is why I'm also interested in the SSR. I'm also looking at retirement and have built several rods and kustoms over the years, but now finding it harder and harder to climb over and under the old ones to do the work myself. Much better to just climb in a new one and cruise.
I'm looking to trade my 2000 Prowler for an SSR (see for sale section). I need a truck for a future retirement business I hope to start next spring and the SSR looks good and should work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts