Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got a chance to put some miles on. after a few one mile hops I had the chance to drive 300 + miles today (mostly highway) and man 'o man what a car.

the looks (the car not the other people), the handling, the RUMBLE, the smiles (mine)......

we are a lucky bunch.

rick:cool

C

·
0 Posts
Yup, it is a really cool ride! It gets as many if not more looks and interest than my 59 Impala...and those are not a common sight. I cant wait for warm weather.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rumble

I have put 9500 miles on my SSR so far. I drove 150 miles today and still enjoy the Rumble (I got my license in '74 when they took the rumble out of everything)

Slingshot

PS My first sports car was a RX-7 and they definitely don't rumble!

·
Registered
168 Posts
We be lucky

I find that a lot of restored old muscle cars and sports cars are magnetically attracted to my SSR. Shared thumbs up often result in pull-overs and long conversations, which usually encourage more looks and soon a crowd. I was never much of a gearhead, never had the patience to restore an old vehicle, but always loved the late 40s Chevy trucks. After years of hearing my wife say "When are you just gonna buy one?" when I would stop at every restored Chevy pickup I saw, I started seeing artists renderings of this new SSR thing. I was instantly in love! I feel a kinship with the guys who take the time and effort to refurbish the old trucks with the best lines ever, but I have the best of both worlds, now. A new vehicle, rare enough people are attracted to it for its uniqueness, with the great styling I love (even improved...Kudos to the GM designers that put this thing on wheels). Ricardo, we hear ya, man, we are a lucky bunch indeed. This is great!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Art show

went to the Venice FL art show on Main Street today and guess what booth had the largest crowd. Yep, managed to park across the street from the show and when the Queen and I returned to the SSR, 14 people were admiring the Smokin Asphalt. (only one mentioned how stupid I was to scratch the left rear wheel) he was nice about it though.

I suggested the best way to enjoy one, however, is buy your own. Think one guy might do it!!!

Used car guy in Sarasota is buying them from dealers throughout the South, shipping them to Sarasota and selling them for $49,999. He had two red, one black, two yellow and one silver on Wednesday and now has one yellow, one silver and one black left.

If ya wanna stay south of $50,000, cmon down.

t

D

·
0 Posts
Since 1989 I've had a 1955 Chevy 210 2 door sedan with a built 350, a 1940 Ford sedan chopped with a 400 Chevy small block, a 1955 Chevy Belair hardtop with a 454 big block, a 1966 Nova SS ProStreet with a built 350, and a 1967 Nova with a 396 but none of those were as much fun as this SSR is. However, I do love my Z06 Corvette.

:party

1 - 6 of 6 Posts