Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with my dealer this afternoon. He says he has notification that the 6.0 will be offered in the 2005s. I said when can I order one. He said the second week in May! So 6 weeks till I order a 6.0. All this little car needs is more juice. The engine will be cast iron though. I asked about the tranny and he said that he expects an automatic to be available along with the 6 speed. I am too old for the 6 speed, but if the auto is available I'm off to the races. So if anyone is interested in an 04 with almost no miles in a few months, you can get a bargain.:D He said there was no word that the 05s would be the last (as reported here on the forum.)

R

·
0 Posts
From the mouth of an emloyee at the plant today, "You gotta drive the 6.0 with 5 speed". Claims of perhaps 400 H.P. when available. Personally I will take the automatic, but regardless, they are on the ball at the plant. Saw chrome wheels today on trucks on the line and was told the gauge pkg. is supposed to be available for dealer install. A revised door panel is in the works for easier access to seat controls.

·
Registered
705 Posts
400 HP with cast iron engine makes no sense. The 0-60 will probably be the same since the weight issue will still be a problem. What would be the weight then? 7500lbs? can you say hummer? I plan to add the HPs via Lingenfelter.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Hi, Realprowler - envious of your opportunity to see ground zero!!! I'm surprised they're talking about a 5 speed. I thought they were going to use the same 6 speed transmission going into the new Caddy CTS and the Vette. Damn - hate getting gipped out of a gear.

As far as the engine goes, how much weight will it really add - 250 lbs max?? I'll take the 6 litre 6/5 speed.

R

·
0 Posts
Weight Clarification

I was under the impression trucks weight was 6050Lbs. The truck weighs 4800 Lbs. with its GVW at 6050. Makes more sense now. Yes the day at the plant was very informative. Thanks Again GM Engineering!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I heard the same thing from my dealer yesterday, so now...

2004 Blurple SSR for sale. Only 200 miles. Need to sell for downpayment on the 2005 6.0!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Only 200 miles wow !!!! I don't know how you did it! 1500 miles and counting!
I'm at 4800 and lovin' every one of them. Wildcat - went through parts of Hill Country this weekend - lots of sun, lots of wildflowers and TONS of looks.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Re: Houtex

wildcat66 said:
Did you get lots of pictures? Don't forget to share!:D
Was your jaw sore from all the smiling you did?:cool
I believe somebody else on the forum has already described the condition. Dry mouth from constant smiling at a high rate of speed. Brought camera - was having too much fun to stop.

·
Registered
136 Posts
SSRitis

still got it and passed 5,000 miles.

can't.........stop.........drivin..........

:cheers :cheers

t

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Cool Photo

I took this shot WHILE driving my SSR (#1740) home from Montana last Dec.7th...

The SSR photographs sooooo nice!!! Even the mirror!

Attachments

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
If we can order the 2005's starting in May, what would be the approximate delivery dates? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gonna check on the delivery dates.

I intend to check tomorrow with my dealer to see if he had any idea of the delivery dates of the 05s.

·
Registered
168 Posts
September?

We had odd initial dates for 2003 and 2004 SSRs due to the problems of tooling, and implementing a new design. I would think GM would try to stabilize that by the release of 2005. I expect 2005 SSRs to be available the same time as othere models...September. That is, unless retooling for 6.0 and 5 (or 6) speed tranny delay again.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
2005 6.0 liter

Hey Zainossr
Did you find out any more info on order dates and availability for the 2005s with the 6.0? I was at the dealer today and I had more info than he did. He was suprised to hear about the 6 liter. I have a small dealer that is working with me with a decent price from what I have been coming up with in this area. He says I am first on the list to place an order for the 2005 as soon as he gets word.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts