Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I need to find a good place to do the work. I'm in the Central Valley of Calif. Manteca to be specific. Any one, in this area, have a recommendation? The East Bay is in reach also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
paint or stickers

Are you looking to have hand painted striping, or stickers. If you are undecided, as someone who does it by hand with paint, I recommend paint.

Applied stickers are less labor intensive and may be cheaper, and I have to admit, look good from distance. But skillfully applied paint gives you the freedom to have any design you want within the artists skill level. It's kind of a dying art, but, can really set off your vehicle if done tastefully.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Pinstripes vs. tape

I think both are good in their own environments. I have seen a lot of metallic tapes that look great too. I have seen paint and computerized tape that together look wild on all kinds of vehicles (Bikes, Boats, drag racers, stock cars, vans, passenger cars and commercial vehicles too)... I have seen some awesome tapes on cars with graphics... especially flame work in tape, those can really be wild!!

However, for my SSR if I were to have it done, I would probably use only paint. I like the real pinstripe results up close vs. tape up close.
:seeya

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh, I want paint. We used to have a guy here in town who was the local signpainter. He did killer pinstripes by hand with just a brush. He did my dad's pickup about ten years ago. When my dad stopped and inquired, he whipped out a brush and put a couple strokes on right then just to show how his ideas would look. Wiped it out and redid it on the appointed day.

He sold the shop and retired. Wish I could find someone like him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts