Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a proud SSR owner since March 2004. Love my Sling Shot Yellow. With 14 yrs and just turned 100,000 miles I'm looking for replacement parts. And always interested in what other owners have to say and upgrade tips.

Cheers

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Hello,
I'm a proud SSR owner since March 2004. Love my Sling Shot Yellow. With 14 yrs and just turned 100,000 miles I'm looking for replacement parts. And always interested in what other owners have to say and upgrade tips.

Cheers
Welcome to the forum Jack...from Middle Georgia.
Sounds like you have been missing out on a lot by not being on this forum for the last 14 years. :crying:
You have all the upgrades you could ever possibly want in Phoenix from @Mike in AZ (Simple Engineering)
Have you been to any rallies in the last 14 years!?!? :surprise:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Hello,

Cheers
For parts that are improvements over factory, look at Simple Engineering (Mike-in-AZ) for factory type parts Byers is a partsman in the Dallas area.

It all depends on the upgrades and parts you want to replace. This is a great forum with more information that I can even imagine absorbing. Dicktator in Florida has put together a get how to on many repairs available via the Library.

As for what to do - well ask 5 people and you will get 5 different answers.

By the way Welcome to the group from Houston TX:purple:

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,004 Posts
Another welcome from Houston, TX.

Agree with others on opinions on what to do.

Most of us that are into upgrading start with parts from: https://shop.simple-engineering.com/main.sc

It tends to be a bit of a laundry list:
- Stiffening plate in the chassis section and then the rear cross member. Calms down the head shake over bumps, twisting and creaking and improves the handling.
- Upgraded pneumatic struts for the rear cargo cover, roof and hood (an upgrade for yours). The OEMs are done by now.
- Bilstein shocks, unless yours have been replaced, they are 14yrs old and have 100K. The new shocks will really improve the ride, mine had < 42K and they are awesome.
- Upgraded radiator fan, several to choose from, and cooling tune up kit.
- Radiator support
- etc.
@Mike in AZ is wealth of knowledge, fun to talk with and an all around good guy. His parts fit right, are high quality and “just plain work”.
@BYERS is very helpful and can get you the correct OEM parts, another good guy to work with.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family, Jack ! Where ya been ? Please stay tuned in "Here" for what the "rag tag" group of us in the Valley are up to. Would Love to have you guys meet up with us. Do you run out to Phil's @ F/H Sundays? Don't tell me Dennis "stalked" you... :glol 100K, and, Yellow, ya ain't All that Bad in my Book ! Love to hear more from you ! Please hold off on ordering replacement parts until you contact some of us here in the Valley before you turn a wrench. We're a Family of Support,"First" and Food, "Second" ! Welcome !

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,054 Posts
Welcome, Jack

Hello,

Cheers
This is a fine family of supportive owners. I live in Ahwatukee and am always happy to help any of the local members. Just give me a call on my cell. 480-225-2123

By the way.... don't listen to Firetruck about repainting your truck. Yellow is the fastest color........ just ask any owner of a Slingshot, they'll confirm.

Regards,

Mike

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,381 Posts
Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. Your 100K is just getting broken in, although it is a :yellow: My :blue: has 241K and going strong.
Get to know the gang in the valley there in AZ as Yellow Bear suggested. could save you a bunch, or cost you a bunch depending on which suggestions you follow. They will all be good to do but you have control of which you can pay for.

Reactions: SSR Mightymom

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Hell yeah, the $64 question is have you been lurking for 14 years, reading and learning or just discovered us? It makes a huge difference in the advice I can give you, but welcome to the family either way. :00000732:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,424 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,386 Posts
WELCOME, Jack . . . from Beautiful Downtown Tucson.

Mike is right on . . . Yellow is the Fastest and Sexiest Color.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,017 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Welcome aboard from So Cal.
Glad you finally found us.
This is the place for all things SSR, great info, great people and great trucks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts