Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I was hoping to make the January Permagrin breakfast but my doctor has decided to replace my right shoulder instead. That leaves us waiting in Alabama til it grows back. Shooting for April. At least by then it should be warm enough to put the top down...if my R starts after waiting so long for a trip down 290.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts
We'll all be missing you, Dave. :crying:

Please take care of yourself and get well soon!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

===============
David :black:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts
"Same time, same place" @ January 13th!!

Be There, Houston Rs!!​

==============

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Now I am confused. I know that Texas is a HUGE place, and Houston is a big city, but are there two different groups? This thread is the Houston Permagrin Breakfast on Jan 13, 2018 but there was just a Houston Coastal Breakfast on Jan 6, 2018 see this thread

Not complaining, just curious!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Bluestreak: It is an opportunity for two breakfast experiences a month. Order the Hungry Man's Special at one and a Fruit Cup at the other. Should balance overall calories, but gas may be an issue.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Bluestreak: It is an opportunity for two breakfast experiences a month. Order the Hungry Man's Special at one and a Fruit Cup at the other. Should balance overall calories, but gas may be an issue.
Thanks for the reply. I am all for the Drive and Eat philosophy of comradery we have here. Just needed a bit of help understanding the Texas treatment. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Might be that once the flood waters went away, Houston was much larger than we thought, and there were more breakfast restaurant opportunities. Might be wrong about that one.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Now I am confused. I know that Texas is a HUGE place, and Houston is a big city, but are there two different groups? This thread is the Houston Permagrin Breakfast on Jan 13, 2018 but there was just a Houston Coastal Breakfast on Jan 6, 2018 see this thread

Not complaining, just curious!
So, it's kinda like LA.... Houston area is big. The south guy would have to drive 1 hour plus one way. I know that's not far for a good breakfast, but had 10 SSR's at Coastal Houston breakfast, most of which would not hit the traffic for an hour. Divide and conqueror.

See ya in March..

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Frank: Thanks for getting my back for my attempts at humor about 2 breakfast events.

Also, thanks to you and Mrs Dinerman for your outstanding efforts in making Diane and I feel welcome at the International! We had a great time.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,900 Posts
So, it's kinda like LA.... Houston area is big. The south guy would have to drive 1 hour plus one way. I know that's not far for a good breakfast, but had 10 SSR's at Coastal Houston breakfast, most of which would not hit the traffic for an hour. Divide and conqueror.

See ya in March..
An hour won't get you far going across Houston. Those that live far east, Friendswood or further South have a 1.5hr+ one way unpleasant trip to the North side for breakfast. Driving 60 miles in traffic through the fourth largest city in the US is not a fun drive even in an SSR.
Frank can drive to Shreveport almost as quick as I can get to Galveston (twice the distance) and its a much less stressful drive.

The formation of the Coastal Group was a great move and will help us get more active members in the area.

Greg

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts
So great to see the local gang this morning. Temp was in the low 30s when we first arrived but the sun was out and started warming things up very nicely. :wink2:

Besides, Roy was there and we all took advantage of "ON FIRE" and kept close to it to warm up a bit! (Roasted marshmallows were a nice extra, too!)

Thanks for another great Breakfast, HOUSTON FANATICS!!!! :laugh:

==============

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Yea, it was definitely a cold morning for the group with temps below freezing at the start. But not cold enough to keep the local Fanatics from their Permagrin breakfast and congregating outside for the normal BS and idea exchange. 5 R's, Don's flatbed and 11 Fanatics if my count was correct. Fortunately Joyce and Roy were there and we could all warm up around ON FIRE.... It was cold enough that my digital camera was even having problems focusing properly. :frozen::frozen::frozen:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts