Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SSR Fanatics,

I will attempt to provide photo documentation of my 2004 SSR Twin Turbo build. I hope to share and show every detail so you can do a build like this. This also documents the problems I ran into and the solutions we tried. It's all here, the good the bad and the ugly.

BEFORE (July 1, 2015)

My 5 year old wants more then just one horse to ride! :glol

AFTER (Progress Photo as of 10-23-2015, Almost done!)​
Check out the build process on the following pages.

We are hopeful that this documentation process will get you inspired to go out and turbo a vehicle, any vehicle. The options on how to install a turbo are endless so it comes down to what you like, how much you want to spend and how much power you want to build.

Making room was the hard part. In order to put the second turbo under the hood on the driver side we needed to move the ECU and the Fuse box from under the hood to inside the drivers fender behind the plastic wheel well. Once these components were moved only about 58 wires needed to be extended. I expected hundreds when we started the build.

Photo documentation was done using an Android app called FieldPhotos - that we developed for our cleanup business. This app uploads photos as they are taken and sends them directly to Google Drive and moments later they sync directly to our PC/Mac.

Let the fabrication and wire cutting begin!

****I told Jerry I would insert this link - Cash

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f35/turbo-charger-kit-03-06-ssr-141353/ This is a single turbo setup for an SSR. If your interested in these parts make me an offer. Thanks, Jerry
Please check out the rest of Jerry's build thread development over at his build thread: http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f35/ssr-twin-turbo-build-141433/

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,750 Posts
Nice !!!!!!! :thumbs :thumbs That should make it talk.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Jerry is amazing, his builds are an education.
Thanks Bruce your to kind. I'm just a simple guy enjoying this SSR and life. My education started by listening to others. I am not a professional, just a huge fan of Motorsports with a one bay garage and some patience. I think anyone with a little common sense, without the fear of making mistakes can do some really cool stuff in anything they put there mind too. If you can dream about it you can build it. I learned a long time ago to "start out with the end in mind", visualize what you want and work backwards until you get to the beginning and start there. Document in writing step by step by step to uncover the problems leading to solutions leading to what you visualized in your mind. I have found that this process has helped me over the many years with machine design, work flow process and software development. Then team up with some good people that are real good at certain things and they end up making you look pretty good.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
where did you hide the intercooler and air filters ?
Those are good questions. The intercooler is a water to air system. The core sits on top of the engine as part of the intake manifold and the water tank and pump are inside the bed of the truck behind the drivers rear tire.

IMG_20160719_160656.jpg
See intercooler and air filters

IMG_20151027_154355_113.jpg
7 gallon intercooler water tank and 3700 rule pump. We can put 40 pounds of ice inside the tank if needed for racing.

All the best! Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts