Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Last week there was several inquires as to whether Joey Logano still had his SSR. According to my "sources" at Stewart/Haas Racing, as I promised, the answer is ... YES !!! :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr
Bob,

Any way we can get a hold of him...he could join us in October 2018 and show us how Atlanta Motor Speedway is SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!!! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Being it was Logano's first vehicle, at age 17 I think, I expect there is a good chance he will keep it forever, if for nothing else, sentimental reasons
Boy, there are a lot of commas in that sentence! HaHa!

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,

Any way we can get a hold of him...he could join us in October 2018 and show us how Atlanta Motor Speedway is SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!!! :laugh:
That I will work on also CruDawg. I'm sure the chances are slim but ... you never know until you ask. Never met an ItalianAmerican that I didn't like, so maybe Joey will respond. I'll get back with Lisa at Stewart/Haas the first of the year. When she called last night, she said call anytime and she would try to help us. I responded "Love ya' Kiddo and thanks a 1,000,000 for your help"

Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog :ssr :smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being it was Logano's first vehicle, at age 17 I think, I expect there is a good chance he will keep it forever, if for nothing else, sentimental reasons
Only 4 Cash ... Momma (English guru) always taught me, when in doubt use a comma. It gives you a chance to breath. Bob :ssr tennesseecozydog

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
I think about that too when composing a sentence. Does it have too many commas? I remember an English teacher way back when telling us to beware of getting "commaitis".

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Be careful. If you use too many commas, you risk becoming commatose.:laugh:

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Only 4 Cash ... Momma (English guru) always taught me, when in doubt use a comma. It gives you a chance to breath. Bob :ssr tennesseecozydog
That would be breath"e" Bob
Take a breath or time to breathe

English is strange but we have all taken it in, at least most of us
I was amazed with the lack of knowledge from the NFL supposedly College/University educated students that went to England last week to participate in the NFL game

These guys speak American??
We speak English - most of us speak with an accent, but we speak English - as you noted

I was flabbergasted the so called university educated students were so "just locally educated and outside the neighborhood ignorant"
I know these guys are given scholarships etc but it gets ridiculous when asked questions by an NFL reporter

Not one of the interviewed knew the answer to anything British
Maybe they should embrace part of the English culture if they want to have England accept them:

Questions not one had an answer to, although most of us less educated could answer just from being aware and knowledgeable
We aren't taught any of this - we just pick it up unless you live in (I have no idea how to describe this)

Nackered - Tired as ****
Snoggered - pissed to the gills
A boot - car trunk
Fortnight - 2 weeks

"Duh" was the answer from these college geniuses to all of this - it was embarrassing
At least, I was embarrassed on behalf of the North Americans

I have heard guys stating they speak "American"
Sorry, we Canadians & Americans speak English

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
English is strange but we have all taken it in, at least most of us
I was amazed with the lack of knowledge from the NFL supposedly College/University educated students that went to England last week to participate in the NFL game

These guys speak American??
We speak English - most of us speak with an accent, but we speak English - as you noted

I was flabbergasted the so called university educated students were so "just locally educated and outside the neighborhood ignorant"
I know these guys are given scholarships etc but it gets ridiculous when asked questions by an NFL reporter

Not one of the interviewed knew the answer to anything British
Maybe they should embrace part of the English culture if they want to have England accept them:

Questions not one had an answer to, although most of us less educated could answer just from being aware and knowledgeable
We aren't taught any of this - we just pick it up unless you live in (I have no idea how to describe this)

Nackered - Tired as ****
Snoggered - pissed to the gills
A boot - car trunk
Fortnight - 2 weeks

"Duh" was the answer from these college geniuses to all of this - it was embarrassing
At least, I was embarrassed on behalf of the North Americans

I have heard guys stating they speak "American"
Sorry, we Canadians & Americans speak English
Sorry CASH, but:

Not being an NFL fan, I do not know for sure, but I would guess many of these guys were drafted before they graduated and do not have a diploma. Don't know that "supposedly College/University educated" is a fitting description.

"Nackered - Tired as ****" - I must say in all the time I have spent in Canada I have never heard this term and can't say I ever heard it in the U.S. either.

"Sorry, we Canadians & Americans speak English" - I am sure there are some in the Southwest U.S., New York City, and many parts of Quebec that would argue this point with you. Especially when it comes to slang terms.

"That would be breath"e" Bob
Take a breath or time to breathe" - If you are going to begin picking on the spelling of words on this forum, then you are going to be very busy because it happens all the time and in the friendly family atmosphere people do not always use Spellcheck and often do not proof read their comments for typos or other errors which can often be caused by auto type of dictation or auto fill when typing.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Amen on the spell check. I use my Droid when I'm setting at a dock getting loaded, and my big fingers sometimes push the wrong key. Hope we aren't at that point we're start to criticize each other. If we do someone has to much spare time. Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Sorry CASH, but:

Not being an NFL fan, I do not know for sure, but I would guess many of these guys were drafted before they graduated and do not have a diploma. Don't know that "supposedly College/University educated" is a fitting description.

"Nackered - Tired as ****" - I must say in all the time I have spent in Canada I have never heard this term and can't say I ever heard it in the U.S. either.

"Sorry, we Canadians & Americans speak English" - I am sure there are some in the Southwest U.S., New York City, and many parts of Quebec that would argue this point with you. Especially when it comes to slang terms.

"That would be breath"e" Bob
Take a breath or time to breathe" - If you are going to begin picking on the spelling of words on this forum, then you are going to be very busy because it happens all the time and in the friendly family atmosphere people do not always use Spellcheck and often do not proof read their comments for typos or other errors which can often be caused by auto type of dictation or auto fill when typing.
#1 I shouldn't get into -
#2 - who has not heard the term nackered that does not live under a rock? It is not a Canadian term - it is British
Boot is a British term for trunk - Christ on a crutch!
My point is - if in Britain, and want to establish rapport with the British as the US NFL obviously wants to do, know a bit of the lingo
Most of us know those terms from everyday life and don't have the "athlete's college degree"
And please, use spell check
I wasn't picking on Bob - often just a typo or did not press the key hard enough

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Amen on the spell check. I use my Droid when I'm setting at a dock getting loaded, and my big fingers sometimes push the wrong key. Hope we aren't at that point we're start to criticize each other. If we do someone has to much spare time. Just my .02
That would be "too" much time to spare

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We're just havin' fun SWT RYD. Nothing else to do ... you're right, way too much spare time on my hands. Jan says I need a part time job from 6 am to 11 am every morning since I get up around 4. t-dog. :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
Years ago TCD, I'd suggest you have a paper route but since reading a newspaper is a declining activity you might not be that busy.

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts