Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined yesterday and an closing a deal on 06 over weekend I hope...Have had lots of Chevys, way to many to list or mention...Down to 4 cars and plan selling 3 this year and next as I'm getting too old...Question is like all models over the years they all seem to have an issue with one part or another...Can you give me any heads-up on things to watch out for? Thanks in advance.

Greg

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Welcome aboard from the 'Sooner' state of Oklahoma. You will find this group to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to any type of technical problem that you might have. If your SSR has been well cared for, you should have many enjoyable miles of driving with very few issues, if any.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,594 Posts
Hellooooo from Cincinnati! One big thing is to make sure the roof works properly. Not insurmountable but it's the one unique feature on the truck you don't want to go without. Only 2 places in the country that rebuild our hydraulics so it's a little bit of a task to get a roof operational again. If you just open the flaps and stop before the roof goes into motion, you can get out and inspect the roof well. Look for fluid down in the corners of the well to indicate leaky cylinders. It's about $1000 for a rebuild of all 8 cylinders.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
A62409 "she's real fine my 409" WELCOME, just had my roof top cylinders rebuilt by Zig in Florida. Keep in mind these unique little beauties are getting some age on them and "things" begin to happen. The ignition switch is one problem to look for and the transmission cable is another. But ... but, also keep in mind they are fun, fun, fun and definitely attention getters. especially the Slingshot Yellow ones !!! tennesseecozydog Murfreesboro, Tennessee 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,633 Posts
@A62409, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR,when you get it, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Another Welcome! from Tennessee. You will find a great group of people here. Many ready to give you timely advise, some with humor, some will ask many questions and occasionally you will find a cantankerous soul... just like a big family.
As advised earlier, look through Mike's Simple Engineering site. A treasure trove of mechanical goodies we will need at some point for our adopted Roadsters.
I hope you are able to make a deal this weekend on the SSR. Stay in touch.
Boomer Bob

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
Welcome to the family. Where are you located so some of us who may be close by can get acquainted? You will find a lot of information here and hopefully you will find a fun group to participate in events. Let us know a bit more about you.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Many of the trucks have had the updates done already. The '06 had some of the bugs done. Was this purchased from a SSRFC member? Fans and fuses/deck lid are probably the initial check. Fluids such as top and clutch (6spd only). There are many discussions on here.

·
Slingshot Rules!
82,995 Posts

WELCOME, Greg . . . from Southern Arizona.

. . . and CONGRATS on your newly "adopted" SSR. How about more info / pictures?

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Another Welcome! from Tennessee. You will find a great group of people here. Many ready to give you timely advise, some with humor, some will ask many questions and occasionally you will find a cantankerous soul... just like a big family.
As advised earlier, look through Mike's Simple Engineering site. A treasure trove of mechanical goodies we will need at some point for our adopted Roadsters.
I hope you are able to make a deal this weekend on the SSR. Stay in touch.
Boomer Bob
"Boomershine" Bob "occasionally you will find a cantankerous soul...just like a big family" Bob, you must be referring to me, tennesseecozydog, I must admit, I could be that SSRfanatic you pointed out in your thread !!! :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: Actually that only happens when I forget to take "my drugs" the night before I go to bed.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Bob Alexander 10 uh Ccozydog !!!🇺🇸:)🇺🇸:)🇺🇸:)🇺🇸:)🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 36 Posts