• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are your July contestents!

sillypuddy

We have new photos to show off this real beauty for the new month. The upgrades are the same but the shine has increased.
With the help of all the members we hope to keep Old Yella looking and running good for years to come. We have done all the basic upgrades to keep her healthy and a few more to keep her pretty..
Pat LeBlanc

2004 Slingshot yellow. 44,000 original miles. Purchased in February 2018. Daily driver. Mechanical mods include: pneumatic & hydraulic roof cylinders replaced, roof hinge bushings replaced, shift cable bushing replaced, ABS heat shield installed, bed cover pneumatic cylinders replaced, roof compartment soundproofing (wind noise fix) installed, driver door click fixed. That takes care of the go, now for the show: installed custom vinyl side stripes with SSR logo from SignsDotCom, replaced bow tie on tailgate with CHEVROLET vinyl graphic, installed large vinyl bow tie on bed cover, installed domed hood inserts. Thanks for looking. Pat
PokerGuy

Ok, you talked me into it. One more Slingshot for your consideration this month. I have had the truck for 1 year this week. I started with a 2006 that came with all available options including chrome, gauge pack, the carpeted bed, etc. In that year I have done quite a few mods including:

Pioneer DVD/CD touchscreen with backup camera
Custom shift knob from www.hotrodshiftknob.com
Above made possible with a shifter adapter made by @Dragon2U
Caliper covers by MGD
Visor sticker covers/extensions made by me
Ashtray converted to storage compartment with built-in docking station for phone
5-inch tips; Spare Tire kit; upgraded fan; crossmember; air dam; ABS heat shield; radiator support; shifter repair kit; Floyd's Bling and other things from @Mike in AZ
Windjammer and engine bling from Florida Stainless and others
Hand-drawn and hand painted flames, pin striping and TAZ by Mike the Stripe
Custom tune by Joe Delano www.leftcoast32.com
More cleaning and polishing than I have done in the previous 20 years combined!
JOCOBLAKE

Well, one more Slingshot... Maybe too late, but just got back.
The background for the ROTM July is blue mountains, and I just finished driving the Blue Ridge Parkway from one end to the other (and Skyline Drive too!). 575 mile of fun!
'05 6-speed. All stock except for Corsa Extreme exhaust.
Bee75

Bone stock 2004 Ricochet Silver.
16,400 actual miles
Only options added thus far have been Mike’s ABS heat shield and blinking 3rd brake light

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Congrats Pokerguy, I think everybody went for the double decker shifter knob..:yellow::cheer:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,645 Posts
Congrats Pokerguy, I think everybody went for the double decker shifter knob..:yellow::cheer:
Not EVERYBODY Eddie...You, Pat, Blake, and Bee have more votes combined than Lance does!! :surprise:

You've all still got a day and a half (or so) before voting ends. :wink2:

Good luck my brothers!! :grin2:

·
Spirited driver!
871 Posts
One thing you learn playing poker is not to celebrate before the river card is dealt because you never know what's going to happen. You are making a strong run for the finish line.

That shift knob was one of the very first things I did to mine and it makes it stand out among other SSR's at a show. That and my EJECT button mounted into the hole for the top.tool are my favorite mods.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One thing you learn playing poker is not to celebrate before the river card is dealt because you never know what's going to happen. You are making a strong run for the finish line.

That shift knob was one of the very first things I did to mine and it makes it stand out among other SSR's at a show. That and my EJECT button mounted into the hole for the top.tool are my favorite mods.
The last card has been dealt. Congrats :cheers Poker.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Congrats @PokerGuy! Well deserved and I think the Susan Lucci torch has been passed to @sillypuddy!
Thank you FT. We will not disappoint. Maybe a half dozen more losses before the big day, only the masses know. We will try again next month and congrats to Pokerguy!!!:yellow::liebe011::liebe011::liebe011:

·
Spirited driver!
871 Posts
OK Dawg, that one was actually pretty good. :grin2:

Thanks to all for the votes and the competition.

I will be celebrating my win with a month long cross-country victory lap culminating with an appearance at the Middle GA SSR Rally in October. Come on down!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
14 Participants
PokerGuy
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing