Chevy SSR Forum banner

June SSR of the Month Voting (see entries in post 2)

• doge

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • ED in FL

Votes: 24 92.3%

June SSR of the Month Submission Thread

5K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  DOOPHUS 
#1 ·
The June SSR of the Month contest is live, but with some much needed updates. Please read carefully below, as voting especially, has changed.

• You no longer vote via LIKES. The last week of each month going forward, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote. This is a more traditional way of running things and based on feedback, will be a welcome change.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • You can enter 3-5 pics of your ride. I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to May's SSR of the Month winner, @tinyssnowplows!

-Mike

See less See more
#5 ·

Attachments

#11 ·
I agree and I know sometimes the details can beat the looks, IF THEY ARE PROVIDED.

#19 ·
IT TOOK A LOT OF WORK TO CONVERT THIS R BACK TO A SAFE & FUNCTIONAL TRUCK.

REMOVED RADIO, CARGO COMPARTMENT AMPLIFIER/SPEAKER SYSTEM, REMOTE START/SECURITY SYSTEM, LICENSE PLATE MOTORIZED MOUNT, RUNNING LIGHTS BEHIND THE GRILL, 2 POINT SEAT BELTS.

INSTALLED A NEW RADIO, NEW TIRES, PASSENGER AIRBAG & CUTOFF SWITCH, 3 POINT SEAT BELTS, RADIATOR SUPPORT, RADIATOR FAN, IGNITION SWITCH, NEW KNEE BOLSTER PAINTED TO MATCH THE TRIM WITH 2 CUP HOLDERS, ASH TRAY ( CONVERTED TO STORAGE COMPARTMENT), GLOVE BOX, CARGO COMPARTMENT COVER PUSHBUTTON, WINDSHIELD WIPERS, BACKUP CAMERA, BLACKVUE FRONT & REAR CAMERAS, LIGHTED LICENSE PLATE WITH FLASHING 3RD BRAKE LIGHT, LED TURN SIGNAL AND RUNNING LIGHTS IN FRONT OF THE GRILL, WINDSCREEN,

MOVED THE ELECTRICAL DOOR UNLATCH SOLENOIDS INSIDE THE DOORS, INSTALLED PUSHBUTTONS IN THE DOORS ( THE PB’S WERE UNDER THE RUNNING BOARDS)

REPLACED THE HEADLINER, HAD THE CARGO COMPARTMENT SIDES COVERED TO MATCH THE INTERIOR, INSTALLED A WOOD FLOOR

Bumper Wood Material property Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood Auto part
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

#20 ·
IT TOOK A LOT OF WORK TO CONVERT THIS R BACK TO A SAFE & FUNCTIONAL TRUCK.
MOVED THE ELECTRICAL DOOR UNLATCH SOLENOIDS INSIDE THE DOORS, INSTALLED PUSHBUTTONS IN THE DOORS ( THE PB’S WERE UNDER THE RUNNING BOARDS)
Wow! That take a lot work. I would have expected an SSR like that would have street legal and roadable.

I hadn't noticed the shaved door handles until you mentioned the push buttons. Like the custom cars of the '50s. I have always that smooth effect.

I sure hope you'll be in Cincinnati this year. And the SSR. Or is it I hope the R will be in Cincinnati and you too. ;) :) o_O

#22 ·
Congrats to @ED in FL , you are our June SSR of the Month! Enjoy your free (extra) year of premium membership. I will add you ride to the site gallery tomorrow.

Be on the look out for the July submission thread soon. Thanks to all that participated!

-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.