Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, this seems like the winter that was'nt. Every weekend I keep telling Kris we need to go for a drive because there won't be many more days like this...yesterday was no exception so we took a drive to Mackay Island Wildlife Refuge in North Carolina about 30 minutes from Va. Bch. Snow geese and tundra swans everywhere and a landscape painters dream.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
The weather has been really strange this year. Here in central Ky yesterday it was 65 and sunny. Had to go out for a ride. Even had to show a fellow how the top works.....Can't wait for spring to really get here:seeya

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
cruzned said:
Man, this seems like the winter that was'nt. Every weekend I keep telling Kris we need to go for a drive because there won't be many more days like this...yesterday was no exception so we took a drive to Mackay Island Wildlife Refuge in North Carolina about 30 minutes from Va. Bch. Snow geese and tundra swans everywhere and a landscape painters dream.

Did you hear about the 200 mph wind at Grandfather Mtn. in NC?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i visited a friend in VA beach 2 wks ago. i was expecting it to be super cold, but i was nice. it did snow one day. snow on the beach...that was wierd.

but you know what they say about weather in VA beach...if you dont like it, wait a minute.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
TrucksHC said:
i visited a friend in VA beach 2 wks ago. i was expecting it to be super cold, but i was nice. it did snow one day. snow on the beach...that was wierd.

but you know what they say about weather in VA beach...if you dont like it, wait a minute.

whenever in VB, look up Cruzned!

Although he hasn't put his pin on the map yet (What's with that Ed?)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
cruzned said:
Man, this seems like the winter that was'nt. Snow geese and tundra swans everywhere and a landscape painters dream.
WOW - great shots! The West coast was having wonderful weather this weekend too... I'll post a few more pics in another thread...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Keith! Where is that surf spot. I will have to check it out the next time I visit my Brother in San Louis Obispo. I would kill for a wave like that right now!:-( alas, I am stuck here in the frosty knee high murky waters of VB.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Cayucos

That break is at Cayucos. The storms so far this year have taken much of the sand off the beach (is 're-conditioned' in Spring) and apparently the deposits have made for a real nice spot right at the pier - there is also a creek that flows into the sea just north of the pier - it helps to shape the waves here too. A small storm is moving in today - so those waves were from that...

Check out http://www.mavsurfer.com/main_page/ for a live surf cam from Mavericks - near Half Moon Bay (about 120 miles north of Cayucos)...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts