Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
actually additional $1,000 the dealer cash from last month became customer cash this month . . ...but most dealers was passing that money to the customer anyway nbut the 1,000 is good till 11-14

·
Registered
442 Posts
So last month, the $1000 was subtracted from the price of the vehicle (if dealer wanted) and now the price is up $1000 (the amount sales tax is paid on) and then the buyer gets a rebate of $1000 but not the sales tax on the price increase of $1000, so here in my state, the final price went up $60, the amount of sales tax on the increased price............ damn! That sure is different than another $6000 (plus 6$ sales tax = another $360) off............ So the $6K is actually the $5K they were giving plus the shift of $1K? Not that I want the 5.3 but what is GM doing for the poor dealers sitting on '04's ?????

·
Registered
595 Posts
actually your price danko the dealer cash went to customer so the price went up $5000 to be offset by a rebate of $5000 but you pay $300 more in taxes then you pick up a rebate of $1000 but that didnt exist last month

so you save $700 but doesnt matter you wont be ready to buy one till march dont worry bout the rebate i will get one from a dealer for you and bottom line will be all discounts no rebates if thats what saves you money

·
Registered
442 Posts
Why wouldn't we get the $1000 last month if it was given to the dealer? The taxable $1000 customer rebate replaced the nontaxed dealer rebate, right? Please watch the "that doesn't matter" comments or you won't sell me anything now or in March. I appreciate you are a contributing dealer but I have a problem with "$19K Off!!!" ads. Now, if you can find me a stripped silver 6 speed CHEAP, you can make any comments you want!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts