Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being berated, belittled, ridiculed, and downright insulted, because I complained about a certain vendor. :cuss
I decided to "look in" and see specifically what had transpired in the past couple of months.
NOTHING'S CHANGED!
I see bcbear10 has had the same problem, and was attacked for complaining.
Funny how any thread voicing a complaint about THAT particular vendor gets closed. :rolleyes: My, My...............................................???
My 2005 50th Anniversary Edition Thunderbird will be here tomorrow, and half of the mods I ordered for it are ALREADY here, BEFORE the car! :thumbs
Lousey service, and excuses, aren't tollerated on the "other" web site I belong to.
People warn one another, and stop doing business with the vendor! :nono

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Sam Fowler said:
After being berated, belittled, ridiculed, and downright insulted, because I complained about a certain vendor. :cuss
I decided to "look in" and see specifically what had transpired in the past couple of months.
NOTHING'S CHANGED!
Funny how any thread voicing a complaint about THAT particular vendor gets closed. :rolleyes: My, My...............................................???
My 2005 50th Anniversary Edition Thunderbird will be here tomorrow, and half of the mods I ordered for it are ALREADY here, BEFORE the car! :thumbs
Lousey service, and excuses, aren't tollerated on the "other" web site I belong to.
To each his own Sam, enjoy the T Bird.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Sam Fowler said:
NOTHING'S CHANGED!
Nice to see you back for a peek. The only thing that has changes is the name shooting the bullets. Fortunately they haven't been as harsh on me as they were to you. Guess after you they realized what you said was 100% true. You made their life hell but you let them off the hook by getting a refund. You could have sold them on e-bay and made a small profit for your trouble. I have said all along that I did not want a refund nor would I accept one. I want was offered and paid for.

If you can believe them, I was told mine would ship this week. Time is running out.

Good luck with the new bird. Drop by from time to time to see how we are doing.

bcbear

:seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Glad everything is perfect in Bird world, Sam - sure isn't that way with the two guys locally who own thunderchickens. The car's a total yawner for me - but to each his own.

Did that little tirade make you feel better?

Ray

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Did yours? ;)
As I said, "NOTHING'S CHANGED". :lol
This isn't about who likes what, or which vehicle is better, or which web site is better. :boxing

It's about one simple thing;
Providing good customer service. :thumbs
It's as simple as that!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Sam, glad to hear from you . When I get back to Denton ( sometime in Oct ) , I would like to drive down to cow town and have a chat also compare cars . Is the Porsche dealership in HEB area ?? :seeya Kay :ssr

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yes things haven't changed we all still love our SSR's and the problem with vendors hasn't changed that fact. If you were "berated, belittled, ridiculed, and downright insulted"... Why come back to check on things? Threads are locked because no matter how much you name call back and forth doesn't help the situation.

Fortunately for this site and it's user we are able to make up our minds about how to deal or not to deal with any certain vendors.

We didn't attack bcbear10... and didn't turn tail and run. He stated facts that were listened to by everyone who read the post. Most of us are still watching and waiting. I hope it turns out great for bcbear10.

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Welcome Back Sam!!!

I think your Thunderbird is great looking!!!!
Do you still have your SSR? That would be cool!!!
Even though most of us are supporting members, this site has it's own little click, and of course watch out if you say something to one of them!!!
You are still wanted around here by most of us, so come and chat with us!!! :seeya

·
180 Posts
Whatever!

My 2005 50th Anniversary Edition Thunderbird will be here tomorrow, and half of the mods I ordered for it are ALREADY here, BEFORE the car!
:yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Kevin....

That's not nice!!!!
It might be boring to you, but I think the Thunderbird is cool :thumbs
And I don't think he bought it to impress you :lol
I think it's more important what us gals think.... :)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Perception is the key...

An SSR's Wife said:
... Even though most of us are supporting members, this site has it's own little click, and of course watch out if you say something to one of them!!! You are still wanted around here by most of us, so come and chat with us!!! :seeya
Every organization, group, clubs and forums have their own clicks. It is unfortunate that some comments or “feedback” to questions that have been asked can be interrupted to stand for a lot more than just what one person’s perception of it might be.
wildcat66 said:
... Threads are locked because no matter how much you name call back and forth doesn't help the situation.

Fortunately for this site and it's user we are able to make up our minds about how to deal or not to deal with any certain vendors.

We didn't attack bcbear10... and didn't turn tail and run. He stated facts that were listened to by everyone who read the post. Most of us are still watching and waiting. I hope it turns out great for bcbear10.
I truly believe most everyone on our site tries to listen and share their stories, issues and even their problems with everyone in a constructive and friendly manner. I tend to agree with Machell's comments we will listen and we will then make up our own minds. When complaints and bashing start to completely take over a thread where the usefulness is completely gone we will then be forced to close it down. Deleting or editing a posting is the very last resort that we will ever take as Moderators!

We are under instructions to "police" any disparaging remarks no matter whom it comes from. Believe me, we all know where you guys and gals stand with regards to your dealings with certain vendors.

But when you have stated and restated your issues over and over again, it no longer becomes providing "warnings" to other members; it then looks like your ranting and raving!

We endevor to keep our community a friendly and fun place for everyone. We certainly want everyone to come back and visit us often. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wish I listened

Sam Fowler said:
NOTHING'S CHANGED!

Sam,
I am going through what you went through with the Axiom grille bars--I only wished I had listened to your past posts. I have now learned! :rolleyes: I just hope that others will listen to our current complaints and see that their customer service is :bs Shauna

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Glad To Hear From You

Hey Sam glad to hear from you , your missed there's not enough of us hear that calls a spade A SPADE :thumbs I think I will start a poll on HOW SOON DID YOU SCRATCH OR DISTORY YOUR CHIN SPOILER, one day, one week, one month,six months and so-on, that is if they ever arrive. :rolleyes:

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Kevin Honolulu said:
:yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep
Not Cool

Not the SSRfanatic way......

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Hey Sam glad to hear from you , your missed there's not enough of us hear that calls a spade A SPADE :thumbs I think I will start a poll on HOW SOON DID YOU SCRATCH OR DISTORY YOUR CHIN SPOILER, one day, one week, one month,six months and so-on, that is if they ever arrive. :rolleyes:
First the chin spoiler has to be delivered and installed, then your poll will be of great interest. Mabye Axiom has thought the same thing so they are taking all the orders they can prior to the release. I was PROMISED a release this week so you may get to start your poll soon. I will not hold my breath. By now we all know just how little their word means.

Marc

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unbelievable

I sure wish that I had bought my first SSR and discovered this site earlier. I just read through all of the posts from that era and it certainly looks like it was an exciting time. It appears as though everything worked out well for everyone.

I am certain that as long as there are new innovations which often involve a vendor "learning as they go" there will be unhappy campers along the way. One would only hope that the quality of the finished product would be "worth the wait". I do not intend on offering an opinion either way because I have no first hand knowledge.

It just seems to me that there was a lot of time and emotion invested in relationships which were destroyed over a vendor relationship gone bad. My dad used to tell me the the actual defination of a vendor/vendee relationship was "a vendetta". After reading all of the related material, I am beginning to think that he was right.

I would only hope that the relationships that have been developed on this board would stand the test of time. I have developed a lot of respect for many of the posters here. There is a wealth of knowledge that far exceeds any industry group that I have ever become associated with. Heck, we are even commissioning Jim G. to write a book :lol

Sorry for butting in, this is none of my business but I cannot help but to be sad because I can tell that there were friendships destroyed over this episode. I only hope that this never happens again :nono

My Best,

Rob V.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.