Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALOHA, wow, what a vacation. Just got back Sunday from a week in Maui. Surfed, snorkeled and over ate some great seafood.

Saw a silver SSR 6 speed, stopped and talked to the owner and left him a card. I'll give him a call later on. He was telling me that there are only 6 SSR's on Maui. What a great place to own one.:thumbs

I ended up with a 4x4 jeep, missed having the SSR though, would have been great, top down weather all week.

Now to catch up on about 200 emails.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Welcome Back

Welcome back....WOW what a nice vacation :thumbs Nothing better than surf, sun and seafood. Give us a little more info on what you did all week and show some pics if you get a chance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did most of the tourist stuff, what a trip! Hotel room was great, stayed at the Westin.

Took the road to Hana, about 200 turns and a speed limit tops of 45. Beatles have a song called ,"the long and winding road, about it. Lots of waterfalls. Stopped by a place called Jaws, for the surfers, some really wild waves. Takes about 6 to 8 hours to make the complete loop, but well worth your time.

Drove to the top of the volcano, there is another 2 hour trip of twists and turns. Went to IAO valley but they had the best part closed off for bridge repairs.

It's really hard from the pictures to take in the view of these valleys, it's something you have to see for yourself.

If you have never been to any of the Islands in your life you just are not living! Take the time and go, you'll never regreat it.

1-Hotel room, 2-IAO Valley, 3-Jaws, 4-Me Surfing, 5-Wailua falls-road to Hana

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Knowing how much you missed your SSR, you should take it out this weekend and drive to Frisco, and meet and greet people from around Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Maui

Aloha Don,

Thanks for dropping by the office, wish I could have talked to you, was busy with a patient. Obviously I joined the forum:) Have learned lots about the SSR, been reading the posts for days.

I made it up the 10,000 foot Volcano, in a Viper, in 40 minutes and down in under 30......Snowed up there yesterday!

Glad you had a great time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts