Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bad is Good
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some input, truck has been fine for a week after i loaded the performance super chip program. Today while warming truck up and checking fan is kicking in around 190ish. Shut truck down and no codes. Had top down and a little later started to sprinkle and put the top up and noticed engine light on.
Read codes could these be caused by the new engine program or just coincidence they are going bad now. Any others with similar problem
Thanks
BennyB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
876 Posts
Looks like a failed oxy sensor bank 1 sensor 2 if that is your only code. Both codes are for the same problem. Reset & if it comes back up replace that sensor.
My $.02

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,769 Posts
Or measure resistance of O2 heater at connector, sorry I cannot get which 2 of the 4 wires you need to check.

Or clear codes and swap the 2 downstream O2 sensors and see if code changes to bank 2 sensor 2.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My O2 sensors come and go Mechanic said not to worry about it My happens more depending where I fill up

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,697 Posts
Me too, until I changed Gas Cap! Gas tank pressurized. Get OEM Cap at Dealer.

Joe Delano checked my R while in Cincinnati and said cap was going bad.

Dicktator

1. Collapsed compression ring.
2. NEW compression ring.
3. Part #

Attachments

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,769 Posts
An o2 heater circuit code will not be caused by a gas cap.
It sets when the calculated resistance of the O2 heater or the current flow though the O2 heater is out of spec.
Fuse #25 underhood fuse box supplies current both upstream and downstream bank 1 O2 heaters. If blown it should set more than one code.

The heater should have some resistance, I could not find a spec, but you can compare the resistance of bank 1 sensor 2 to the resistance of Bank 2 sensor 2 (both downstream O2 sensors. You will make the resistance measure with the O2 unplugged, on the harness going to the O2 sensor itself. The wiring diagram does not show the color of wires on O2 side, BUT connect one lead of ohm meter to the wire the meets with the pink wire from the truck harness - connect other lead to the wire on O2 the meets with the brown wire on the truck harness. This should be cavities C and D on the connector.
Compare both sides -- if one is too much different - then replace the O2 sensor

·
Bad is Good
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I erased the codes but havent had a chance go for a drive and see if they return
This will be the project for the weekend i will check the o2 sensor out. This should be Drivers side o2 sensor if #1 cylinder is on drivers side, correct?
Thank to everyone
BennyB

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Drive it and it will go off Been doing that for years No telling how many o2 sensors I would of changed by now. Don,t panic every time the light comes on Over 150,000 miles and still running just fine

·
Bad is Good
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not worried, just curious of the timing after installing a tune. Doing a roadtrip this weekend lets see if it returns

·
Registered
653 Posts
Here’s a far fetched problem that I came across.

Take a look at the expossd wires near the sensor.

Well, they happen to overheat and cause havoc with the PCM with spilling bad Q2 sensor. codes.

In addition, a friendly spike led to a very erratic PCM.

So, the next ones, NGK, after several A/C Delco,s, were wrapped in 1/4 inch Heatshield from end to end.

Problem solved along with a new PCM.

Very expensive experience..

Cheap fix with Heatshield wrap.

ACDelco® - GM Original Equipment™ Oxygen Sensor

213-3537.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts