Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they re set the sequence numbers each model year? Or are the last 6#s of the VINs continusly increasing from 2003 up? Normally every model year starts at 0 or some low number and re sets each model year.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

My understanding is, The highest VIN # is the total # of SSR’s built. They do not reset at zero the first of every year. This count is for all SSR’s no matter where they are sold to: U.S.A., Canada, and Overseas. There was 25 special editions’ on the start of the run.

http://www.chevyssrforum.com/chevy_ssr_signature_series.htm

It would be very nice if G.M. would give us what was the last Vin. at the end of each build year.

I have started to narrow down the number of units per year useing our Vin registry. We will get it, if people keep adding to it. Thanks

CHECK HERE

·
Registered
70 Posts
Correct

:agree This is correct in the fact they DID NOT restart each year. It was explained to me this is the only Chevrolet production vehicle that has this exclusive sequence. Just another reason to be proud of these great vehicles.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WoW, OK I was wondering what they were talking about on the owners CD with having an "exclusive" VIN to each SSR. So how do we find out what the brake points are between model years?

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Ricochet said:
WoW, OK I was wondering what they were talking about on the owners CD with having an "exclusive" VIN to each SSR. So how do we find out what the brake points are between model years?
There has to be a wrench thrown in here - it seems that during the 2004 production, there were a couple (few???) 2005's built as production tests for the next model year - same during the 2005 production too?? (Maybe not - due to the extended downtime at LCC?) - so there are a couple that don't fit the VIN sequence standard...

Production figures are at: http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4115&highlight=production -

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yea, Every model year has a pre production pilot build about 3 to 4 months before the new model run starts. They usually make a dozen or so units to send to the Warren tech center and around to different areas of GM so they can be tested for model year build final approval. Im sure a lot of 05s were run off during the 2004 model year because of the engine, trans and suspension/steering changes that were made. I wonder who we could befriend at GM to get all this data so we could have it here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts