Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed just a little more than 1/4 of an inch in the plastic tank. Is this normal?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ricochet said:
No One Knows??? :eek

I believe that there is actually a mark on the container that tells you how much it should be filled.........BUT you probably have to crawl in there to see it :)

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW_FCTR said:
I believe that there is actually a mark on the container that tells you how much it should be filled.........BUT you probably have to crawl in there to see it :)
It is hard to see there is like a rubber cover over it sort of. Is there an easy way to top it off? Can this be done "at Home"? :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Mine is usually half full and the rest is usually in the lines. I have not filled mine myself and after Focks disaster with his I will reluctantly let the dealer do it but I do keep the fluid on hand. I sure would like one of our members, perhaps Freezer, to advise us on how to fill the thing up and how to be careful with it.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cruzned said:
Mine is usually half full and the rest is usually in the lines. I have not filled mine myself and after Focks disaster with his I will reluctantly let the dealer do it but I do keep the fluid on hand. I sure would like one of our members, perhaps Freezer, to advise us on how to fill the thing up and how to be careful with it.
Oh yea that would be good. I orderd the fluid already just to have some on hand.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
with the top down remove the pump cover, the fluid level should be at the minimum line on the reservoir. you need to use GM part #89022748 or SAAB part #3032356.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts