Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined because I am totally in love with the actual look and shape of the body shell of the SSR’s. It was literally love at first sight, but I am feeling a little guilty since at this moment I don’t have an SSR, and you guys have still allowed me to join.
I am really keen to locate a 2005/6, low mileage example, with the bigger 395bhp engine, and preferably a 6 speed manual box, in silver, as fully specced as possible from the manufacturer.

One problem I have is that I am in England, so difficult to view easily, but maybe good photos or recommendation would work.

So my question is, what is the best way to try and locate a low mileage example with the above specs? I am not looking for a’bargain’ and am happy to pay the ‘going price’ for the right car.
Any suggestion as to, private sale, dealer sale or auction would be much appreciated.

Last question, is there ever a meeting or rally just for SSR’s in the U.S.A. I would love to fly over and attend.

DEEPDRAWN

·
Slingshot Rules!
64,829 Posts
WELCOME and GOOD LUCK, DeepDrawn . . . from Southern Arizona.

I bet if and when you locate the perfect SSR that meets your wants and needs . . . there will be an SSRFanatic available nearby that would be willing to check it out for you.

Once again . . . WELCOME and GOOD LUCK.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Welcome to the gathering of SSR Fanatics from Tennessee, USA!
Like you, I monitored this group for some time before the day we adopted our 2004 Redline. Good luck with your search. You will find price differences between the 03/04 and 05/06. 300 vs 400 hp - 6 sp stick vs auto. The average car nut wont know what year you have. Your preference will dictate your cost. One more thing: Some lust for the low mileage examples of our favorite ride... the SSR. Note often the Roadsters that have been garage queens and not regularly exercised may have repairs needed to get them reliable on the street. Hopefully you can find your Roadster close to home.
Boomer Bob

·
Registered
898 Posts
  1. welcome aboard I am sure there are a few Fanatics running around England that you might be able to spill a few pints with. As far as meetings and rallies here in the US the following are going on this year, just look for the post for more details.......Maggie Valley, NC middle of May.......Watkins Glenn,NY first weekend of September.......Chocolate Bridge Rally near Hersey Penn. 2nd weekend in October.....In 2021 there's the International Rally date and location to be determined last year there were over 250 trucks there. You don't need to have an SSR to come to one of these as long as you buy Krazy Ed, HUAW, of me a pint, just kidding.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sturgis South Dakota.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,553 Posts
Hellooooo from Cincinnati Ohio! There's always ones on here for sale from a fantatic that usually have the normal maintenance things done already, but as mentioned above if you find one here in the US, many would be happy to inspect for you in person. Just ask and you'll be surprised how quickly someone on this site you've never even spoken too will go out of their way to help out. That's just what family does, you know!

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. Don't know what the regulations are in England but I believe you will have to modify the tail lights and signal lights. You may want to check with @Ireland SSR on particulars. Good luck on your quest.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
All the above is good advise AND more will come along, @Ireland SSR .--MEANTIME--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the round Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and, WHEN YOU GET ONE, the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also click this link and go to Post #1
Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I am really keen to locate a 2005/6, low mileage example, with the bigger 395bhp engine, and preferably a 6 speed manual box, in silver, as fully specced as possible from the manufacturer.

DEEPDRAWN
Here’s a few to look over:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I bet if and when you locate the perfect SSR that meets your wants and needs . . . there will be an SSRFanatic available nearby that would be willing to check it out for you.

Dear Duophus,
Many thanks for your speedy and welcoming reply, much appreciated. I’m overwhelmed with all the nice and warm reply’s also received on my first post.
Thank you again.

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Oops sorry, mistyped, meant to type DOOPHUS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the gathering of SSR Fanatics from Tennessee, USA!
Like you, I monitored this group for some time before the day we adopted our 2004 Redline. Good luck with your search. You will find price differences between the 03/04 and 05/06. 300 vs 400 hp - 6 sp stick vs auto. The average car nut wont know what year you have. Your preference will dictate your cost. One more thing: Some lust for the low mileage examples of our favorite ride... the SSR. Note often the Roadsters that have been garage queens and not regularly exercised may have repairs needed to get them reliable on the street. Hopefully you can find your Roadster close to home.
Boomer Bob
Many thanks for your reply, and the information re’ different years etc.
Quick question, is there a premium on the 6 sp stick against the auto? And is it justified?

Presumably both transmissions are fairly bullet proof and well built to good standards? Or is one more reliable than the other, or is it just general preference for different owners?
Thanks again for your reply, very informative for me, a new boy to SSR’s

DeepDrawn

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,130 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
  1. welcome aboard I am sure there are a few Fanatics running around England that you might be able to spill a few pints with. As far as meetings and rallies here in the US the following are going on this year, just look for the post for more details.......Maggie Valley, NC middle of May.......Watkins Glenn,NY first weekend of September.......Chocolate Bridge Rally near Hersey Penn. 2nd weekend in October.....In 2021 there's the International Rally date and location to be determined last year there were over 250 trucks there. You don't need to have an SSR to come to one of these as long as you buy Krazy Ed, HUAW, of me a pint, just kidding.
Many thanks for you reply, and a good suggestion to see what the SSR owners over here in England think of them.
On the meetings and rallies, is there always a decent turnout of SS’s or should I concentrate on 2021 rally date?

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hellooooo from Cincinnati Ohio! There's always ones on here for sale from a fantatic that usually have the normal maintenance things done already, but as mentioned above if you find one here in the US, many would be happy to inspect for you in person. Just ask and you'll be surprised how quickly someone on this site you've never even spoken too will go out of their way to help out. That's just what family does, you know! View attachment 573517
Thank you for your post, very reassuring for me to hear that a member might go out of his way to ‘check out’ a vehicle.
Sometimes things are not easy at long distance, thank you.

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. Don't know what the regulations are in England but I believe you will have to modify the tail lights and signal lights. You may want to check with @Ireland SSR on particulars. Good luck on your quest.
Many thanks for you post, and lighting isn’t something I had thought about, but I will check it out. I can’t imagine it’s a deal breaker to purchasing and shipping, but better to know ahead of time, and factor in the cost and time of any conversions required.
Thanks again for the link.

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the above is good advise AND more will come along, @Ireland SSR .--MEANTIME--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the round Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and, WHEN YOU GET ONE, the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also click this link and go to Post #1
Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy
Many thanks for your post, much appreciated. I certainly will, when I get my SSR, fill in all details as you suggest. Hopefully I won’t have a million problems, but I suppose these cars are 15 years old now, so probably some repair issues will crop up.
Again, thank you.

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome from Canada! 🍺 good luck on your quest for your new SSR.
‘Many thanks for you post, and from Canada.
I like your ‘beer’ emoji for good luck, maybe two or three beers would give me more good luck In my search?

DeepDrawn

1 - 20 of 32 Posts