Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Answer to your ?? about premium on a 6 speed to an automatic, the 6 speeds run higher in price because they were only available for the 05-06 years therefore there are not a lot of them out there. Like everything depends on what you want to spend and if you enjoy shifting a manual, for this guy I like just cruising along either way you will enjoy the ride.

·
MY05SSR
518 Posts
Welcome from Northeast Georgia. You have made a good choice! I have an 05 with 6 speed, but the color is aqua blur (I like it better!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Answer to your ?? about premium on a 6 speed to an automatic, the 6 speeds run higher in price because they were only available for the 05-06 years therefore there are not a lot of them out there. Like everything depends on what you want to spend and if you enjoy shifting a manual, for this guy I like just cruising along either way you will enjoy the ride.
Thanks for the update on transmissions. I generally prefer a stick shift, bit more exercise for my leg, but as you say, ‘just cruising along’ will be a great buzz either way. Thanks again.

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Welcome from Northeast Georgia. You have made a good choice! I have an 05 with 6 speed, but the color is aqua blur (I like it better!)
Many thanks for your warm welcome, and color choice. I’ve only really homed in on silver from ‘online’ viewing and YouTube. The silver seems to ‘show off‘ the curves nicely. What I need to do is see some SSR’s in the flesh at a rally, that would be the best way to see how the colours affect the body shape.
p.s I do like the blue also, thanks again for the post.

DeepDrawn

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Another Welcome from Ohio! I had always driven an automatic SSR but always had a desire for a 6 speed. I now have one with a 6 speed and I absolutely LOVE IT! No regrets and with headers and a custom exhaust system it's a perfect combination!
Good luck in your search for the perfect SSR for you! We would love to have you join the "Blues Brother" and there's a really nice Pacific Blue 6 speed available!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Another Welcome from Ohio! I had always driven an automatic SSR but always had a desire for a 6 speed. I now have one with a 6 speed and I absolutely LOVE IT! No regrets and with headers and a custom exhaust system it's a perfect combination!
Good luck in your search for the perfect SSR for you! We would love to have you join the "Blues Brother" and there's a really nice Pacific Blue 6 speed available!
Many thanks for this welcome, and your view on transmissions, especially useful since you have driven both manual and Auto, so have a good comparison. Also, but only if you have time, but what exhaust and headers did you fit?

Thanks again, and where is the Blue 6 speeder?

DeepDrawn

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
@DEEPDRAWN , Sorry, I must have forgotten to add the link for that truck... It is just North of Atlanta, Georgia. I have actually test driven the truck when I was searching for a 6 speed. A nice truck!

This is the information on my current truck. Stainless Works long tube stainless steel headers, ceramic coated inside & out.
Heat blankets on each spark plug wire to help reduce any heat issues with the headers.
Custom exhaust with X-pipe, high flow cats & Flowmaster Super 44 dual in-dual out muffler and tipped off with MikeinAZ’s 5" exhaust tips!
It sounds Awesome! That's why I've named him "Thunder" 😁
Heres a picture of my truck if your not to familiar with Pacific Blue! 😎
IMG_20190907_191303042_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@DEEPDRAWN , Sorry, I must have forgotten to add the link for that truck... It is just North of Atlanta, Georgia. I have actually test driven the truck when I was searching for a 6 speed. A nice truck!

This is the information on my current truck. Stainless Works long tube stainless steel headers, ceramic coated inside & out.
Heat blankets on each spark plug wire to help reduce any heat issues with the headers.
Custom exhaust with X-pipe, high flow cats & Flowmaster Super 44 dual in-dual out muffler and tipped off with MikeinAZ’s 5" exhaust tips!
It sounds Awesome! That's why I've named him "Thunder" 😁
Heres a picture of my truck if your not to familiar with Pacific Blue! 😎
View attachment 573630
Mmmm, nice deep colour, very seductive. I Was sort of focussed on the silver colour, but the blue is also very good. Also many thanks for the info on the headers and exhaust.
will check them out. Thank you.

DeepDrawn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just joined because I am totally in love with the actual look and shape of the body shell of the SSR’s. It was literally love at first sight, but I am feeling a little guilty since at this moment I don’t have an SSR, and you guys have still allowed me to join.
I am really keen to locate a 2005/6, low mileage example, with the bigger 395bhp engine, and preferably a 6 speed manual box, in silver, as fully specced as possible from the manufacturer.

One problem I have is that I am in England, so difficult to view easily, but maybe good photos or recommendation would work.

So my question is, what is the best way to try and locate a low mileage example with the above specs? I am not looking for a’bargain’ and am happy to pay the ‘going price’ for the right car.
Any suggestion as to, private sale, dealer sale or auction would be much appreciated.

Last question, is there ever a meeting or rally just for SSR’s in the U.S.A. I would love to fly over and attend.

DEEPDRAWN
Hi,

I have a stock 2005 automatic Asphalt Black SSR with 7782 original miles on it. Beutiful mettalic light gray ghost flames. It has never seen rain/snow and only driven 500 miles or less a year. No accidents. It is located here in Germany. I work for the US Federal government and part of my overseas tour benefits is that it would be shipped to my current location which is easy and uncomplicated. It is a U.S specification SSR and everything is original with it being registered as a US vehicle. It is currently stored in my residential garage. If you have (or anyone else in this forum) would be interested in purchasing it just let me know. I can send additional pictures or videos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi,

I have a stock 2005 automatic Asphalt Black SSR with 7782 original miles on it. Beutiful mettalic light gray ghost flames. It has never seen rain/snow and only driven 500 miles or less a year. No accidents. It is located here in Germany. I work for the US Federal government and part of my overseas tour benefits is that it would be shipped to my current location which is easy and uncomplicated. It is a U.S specification SSR and everything is original with it being registered as a US vehicle. It is currently stored in my residential garage. If you have (or anyone else in this forum) would be interested in purchasing it just let me know. I can send additional pictures or videos.
Dear SSR Owner,
Many thanks for the reply.
presumably it is the larger 6 litre engine specification?
Also two quick questions, roughly where abouts in Germany is it located, and approximately what sort of if price would it be in Euro?
Again, many thanks for the reply.
DeepDrawn.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts