Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the SSR the other day and I noticed I have a nice scratch, ding, or chip in the drivers side front rim. I would like to know if anyone is planning on buying custom or aftermarket wheels for their SSR? If they are, and they would be willing to sell me one of the 19" fronts, I would be interested in buying them. All I ask is that maybe some of you guys might just keep a fellow SSR owner in mind.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I don't know about in Texas, but i do know in California there is a bussiness i have used called Wheels A merica that will repair and refinsh a damage wheel and you'll never know it was damaged. :thumbs

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Machell,

Its unfortunate that they won`t stay
new forever when driven.

Chevy might have some touch up paint.

Later,
John

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You know I will probably be the only one to notice it. But there again I wash it with a fine tooth comb. I know every little flaw in the paint I even wash the insides of the wheel wells. By the way what will take the markings off that part?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Machell,

I used the Zaino cleaner today (the regular wash) on the inside of the wheels and they sparkled like new. There are also products at any auto parts store especially for wheels.

Scrub with lots of soap and water but do it last cause the cloth will be very dirty.

Rick

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
yes been over this step alot since I wash every other day. I have not still polished the wheels with the Zaino polish, I never seem to get the whole program done because I want to take it for a spin as soon as it is clean. Wash and Drive, Wash and Drive it's a never ending cycle.... One that I love.:)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I know it wasn't a curb. It goes up and down not sideways, besides I know I haven't hit anything. Maybe a rock from the road but it is about 1 1/2 inch long.
Curb scratches go up/down, but they don't usually leave only one scratch. More like a 2 inch wide rash on the high point of the rim.

Ask me. The first year Sebrings had color matched rims. I was being so carefull. Knock on Wood.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I know mine was not from a curb either. I have not hit anything that I am aware of. And it was not there the last time I washed it not too long ago. The tire was not marred or marked in any way either. I wonder if it was something in the road? Damn California highways. I will see about getting a picture of it on here for you guys to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts