Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put Eibach springs & Hotchin sway bars on. Lowered rear 1 1/2" front about 3/4" The ride is a little stiffer not bad. But well worth the look and handling. Here are some before and after.


Paul Perinati :ssr
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
130 Posts
Where did you get the springs and sway bars? Have you had it re-aligned? Did you notice any shift of the rear end due to the pan hard rod?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got everything at truck performance about $600. (Springs on e-bay now for $250 free shipping) Did not get it re-aliged yet still seem perfect. But I sure it's not so I will be getting it done. Not sure what you mean bout the hard pan. Took it to Lake Tahoe last nite Bout 40 miles each way of winding road. Sure runs flat around the corners real nice. The springs on e-bay are the right part # checked with the one's I put on. I ordered these for my 2003 but traded to a 2005 before they got here. So 2003 to 2005 take the same part #'s. $175 to have installed. Here are the pics of the front wheels before and after.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33586&item=7988579898

Paul Perinati :ssr
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,381 Posts
The panhard bar is the crosslink that keeps the rear suspension from moving sideways. As the vehicle is lowered, it shifts slightly in one direction.

(Search posts by Freezer to see his comment on this)

I lowered mine using the same springs, and did not see a difference in the position of the rear axle - the gap at both wheels seems the same.

Regarding alignment, I had mine done after a hundred miles or so of driving. It was definitely off, but we did not check it prior to installing the springs to make sure it was within specs.

Ray
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear end seems centered. Have about 1 1/2" from outside of tire to inside of fender lip. Thanks for the heads up Flash.

Paul Perinati :ssr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Mods

perinati said:
The rear end seems centered. Have about 1 1/2" from outside of tire to inside of fender lip. Thanks for the heads up Flash.

Paul Perinati :ssr
Hey Paul:

I really like the looks of your lowering job.... Was going to do mine but really concerned about increasing the stiffness of the ride. I had a Suburban lowered and it really changed the ride....

I am in Citrus Heights so perhaps one day we can get a Sacramento Area SSR breakfast going!

Steve
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Rainwater,

If you want to lower your SSR and keep the same ride quality, try the Ground Force kit. Ride quality feels like stock, but the cornering is much better. Some people have been using the Trailblazer part number, but I wouldn't (and GF doesn't recommend it either). I'm guessing the Trailblazer spring is somewhat stiffer than the SSR part.

- psy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
So ya think there is a specific part number for the 04 SSR? I will check it out. Not interested in anything real radical but 1"-1 1/2" would be perfect. Only problem I can see is once I get my Chin Spoiler from Axiom I will just be another 1" closer to those stinking parking bumpers!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Rainwater any time on breakfast. Just let me know. The cruz to Tahoe is awsome after 7pm with top down. On week nites no traffic hardly. Live in Placerville wife and I go up a couple time a week. We go up and have dinner at the Horizon casino. Leave back for home about 10:30pm. Really kool to see all the stars and smell that clean pine air. Best times so far with the top down. So if you ever want to go for a nice ride let me know. I'll buy you and other dinner.


Paul Perinati :ssr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
perinati said:
Hey Rainwater any time on breakfast. Just let me know. The cruz to Tahoe is awsome after 7pm with top down. On week nites no traffic hardly. Live in Placerville wife and I go up a couple time a week. We go up and have dinner at the Horizon casino. Leave back for home about 10:30pm. Really kool to see all the stars and smell that clean pine air. Best times so far with the top down. So if you ever want to go for a nice ride let me know. I'll buy you and other dinner.


Paul Perinati :ssr
Paul:

I know there are probably 3 or 4 SSR's in Sacramento so lets hope they are members and are reading this. Would be a great ride if we could get 3 or 4 folks to join us.... I will be in touch. Waiting to get mine out of the body shop. Hopefully tomorrow. You can see by my avitar what happened to mine! Next stop, Force Fed Performance for a supercharger, dual exhaust and re-tuning.!!!

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Rainwater said:
Paul:

I know there are probably 3 or 4 SSR's in Sacramento so lets hope they are members and are reading this. Would be a great ride if we could get 3 or 4 folks to join us.... I will be in touch. Waiting to get mine out of the body shop. Hopefully tomorrow. You can see by my avitar what happened to mine! Next stop, Force Fed Performance for a supercharger, dual exhaust and re-tuning.!!!

Steve

P. S. I know there is one guy that has 3 of them!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sounds great rainwater. Wife just saw another red one here in Placerville. So if anybody is reading these in the area. Lets get together for a cruz. P.S what did you hit? Couldn't see that front fender out there? These are hard to pull in a garage with them fenders. Very deciving from front seat. I'm afraid mine might look that some day hope not.


Paul Perinati :ssr
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top