Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the big Chevy dealership on the other side of town. They had a red, silver, and purple SSR. Hadn't seen the purple or silver in person yet. I must say, glad I got a red one (no offense to you purple and silver owners). The real shame is they were all filthy. Even the one in the showroom. I felt like pulling out the Zaino's and giving them some lovin' :)

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Me Too!

Red_SSR_TN said:
Just got back from the big Chevy dealership on the other side of town. They had a red, silver, and purple SSR. Hadn't seen the purple or silver in person yet. I must say, glad I got a red one (no offense to you purple and silver owners). The real shame is they were all filthy. Even the one in the showroom. I felt like pulling out the Zaino's and giving them some lovin' :)
Just got back also from our little Chebbie dealership; they had just gotten the second SSR for the year (mine was first) and it was Silver. I really liked the silver. My son says it is his favorite. Serial was 8385! 1SB with boards and mats. Just off the truck still in the back with the dirt still on it.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Slingshot

I saw my first yellow SSR yesterday--#8334! Now I know why wildcat66 likes to talk about hers. This one had chrome wheels and looked awesome--did I make a mistake getting a redline?
Naaaaaaaaaah!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
SSR gathering

Just wanted to remind everyone in the N Texas and continental US areas that you are all invited to meet in Decatur, Tx, next Saturday afternoon, May 1. We begin our Courthouse Cruise-in car shows which are the 1st Sat of the month, May, June, Aug, Sept, & Oct. Our first show will have a special trophy for Favorite SSR.

Registration is $10, which goes to charity, and begins at 4PM until 7PM--awards at 8:30. You can begin arriving anytime that afternoon. Bring your SSR stuff and meet other owners and fanatics. Enter the show, shop around the square, and get a bite to eat. Looking forward to meeting anyone who can make it.

PS--Four of you have committed to this in previous posts, so I will be expecting you. ;)

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I hope the weather holds for us this weekend. I have already booked a room because I don't want to drive back that night not knowing what kind of plans we will all have. I will be staying at the Days Inn. See you in Decatur.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Good idea. If anyone else needs a room just ask and I'll post motel phone #s.
I don't really know how many SSRs to expect. But I do know that we will have a good time and meet some genuinely nice people. Can't wait... :thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I dropped my Yellow off this(10:00am) morning at the dealer so they could replace the window seals, while driving the loaner (Trailblazer) I saw a Yellow SSR across from me at the light she was turning the opposite direction from me. So I turned banged a uey for you yankees, :)
and went back to the resturant where she went. I found her in the resturant and went up to talk. She has had hers since Dec. and she hasn't heard of this website. I invited her to join us in Decatur but she is having the SSR shipped to Maryland where she is moving to. Maybe she will run into some of you around town.. Her name is Jennifer. It was cool to meet someone else local with a SSR to bad she is moving. Oh yeah they haven't called me back about my truck.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
BTW I got my truck back from the dealer and the seals still leak, now worse than before. You know the old saying, leave well enough alone, the trickle turned into a torrent. I told my dealer that I would not bring it back until the SSR trained techs knew what exactly had to be done. My GM rep. will be calling Wed. night for a follow up call and I will be sure to let them know that the design flaw needs immediate attention. I remember someone on an earlier post saying that they had taken theirs in for an adjustment on the windows too. Maybe you can send me more info on that and my shop can talk to your shop. The window also grabs the seal as it goes up and rolls it inwards.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Machell

I had the "grabs the seal and rolls it inwards" problem - they have to open the door panel and realign the window. Took my dealer a couple of trys - but no problem since. It's probably the major cause of the leak.

Houtex

·
Registered
98 Posts
Saw my first other SSR recently in Bedford, NY, (next town over).
It was in someone's front yard and was red, and had Mountain Dew graphics all over it.
Now I'm not one to intrude on others, but I had to pull a u-turn and go in his driveway just to check it out. The owner saw my yellow SSR and came out. We chatted about 10 minutes. Turns out he owns a Pepsi distributor and had recently got the car for promotional tours. They give out soda,etc. from the bed.
He mentioned he has owned a number of high end, exotic cars, but this was by far the most fun to drive. He only had it for the weekend and was sorry he had to give it up on Monday.
Still looking for some other ones in my area.

:cool

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I carry my camera with me now, because I never know when I will run across something to take pictures of. It would have been cool to see pics. of the "DEW" SSR.
Hey Houtex, If you can PM me the name and number of your shop I will pass it on to my shop tomorrow. GM rep Carol Hazel called me to follow up tonight just like she said she would. I told her it was a no go and the leak was worse. She said she would follow up with my dealer, whom she had already called today. Sounds like they are keeping up with this. :thumbs :thumbs :flag

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'v seen one of those Mtn Dew vehicles before. Only it was a military HumVee in the pickup style. They had filled the bed with ice, cans and bottles of their favorite drink. Help yourself please.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts