·
BAD BOW TIE
11,051 Posts
That is a beauty.

Reactions: S2NAZ

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Eleven Hundred or Eleven Thousand, that's a negative to me, that is unless you just want to buy it, brag about it and park it. Any vehicle needs to be driven, especially an SSR that has so many mechanical moving parts. I got an 05 that's a lot better lookin' than that 03 that I would take a lot less (77,000 pampered miles and well taken care of). I don't really understand you SSRfanatic guys and gals that worry about mileage. Now 2 or 300,000 miles is a different story. Please don't worry about mileage or gas mileage ... if you don't have one, buy one and enjoy it, Have fun !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr :black: :yellow: :blur: :silver: :purple: and :blue:

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eleven Hundred or Eleven Thousand, that's a negative to me, that is unless you just want to buy it, brag about it and park it. Any vehicle needs to be driven, especially an SSR that has so many mechanical moving parts. I got an 05 that's a lot better lookin' than that 03 that I would take a lot less (77,000 pampered miles and well taken care of). I don't really understand you SSRfanatic guys and gals that worry about mileage. Now 2 or 300,000 miles is a different story. Please don't worry about mileage or gas mileage ... if you don't have one, buy one and enjoy it, Have fun !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr :black: :yellow: :blur: :silver: :purple: and :blue:
I dissagree respectfully. Low mileage generally means no history of obvious wear on the car inside and out and a massive amount of life added to the vehicle when you start driving it. You build your own history of care and maintainance instead of asking for a stack of service records a mile long. There is less chance of unseen damage to things you can’t see. Anything that’s a known problem you have the opportunity to do the repairs yourself. For resale should you decide to sell it low mileage cars always garner more money. Just my 2cents.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,051 Posts
I disagree with the disagree:

1. Low miles.
A. Means the car sat around a lot.
B. Hard on battery and electrical system.
C. Hard on seals as they get dried out.
D. Carbon and sludge build up in the engine.
E. Fuel tank, lines, and fuel injection can get gummed up.
F. Tire rot.

2. Northern states.
A. Salt problems.
B. Cold storage.

3. Auction cars
A. Cars that move through a lot of auctions are usually problem cars.

4. No warranty.
A. Buying sight unseen.

5. Proper servicing.
A. Even stored cars need servicing.
B. Lube and oil changes need to be done as the fluids get acid in them and break down.
C. Oil should be changed every fall and spring.

My 2 cents. Low mileage or high mileage buyer beware!!!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
And the debate goes on... I don't believe there's a right or wrong answer here. Each vehicle needs needs to be judged on it's own merits, the intended use and the issues revolving around the sale. As an old car dog friend once told me... there's a butt for every seat.

I do, however, personally agree with Bob... Go drive it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts