Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e been looking for a cold air intake system for my 2005 ssr. Finally found one on stylin concepts.com. My question has anyone put one of these on a 2005? It's listed as "off road & racing". My concern is will it freak the computer, and send wierd messaes?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got one.

I have one and I like it a lot. It says "off road" because it is not C.A.R.B. approved. But, if you do not live in Califormia, who cares?

I found the K&N hoses to be a bit short at 2" a piece. So, I purchased some new 3" turbo hose. Now it fits, looks and runs great.

MJJ

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got air

matjow said:
I have one and I like it a lot. It says "off road" because it is not C.A.R.B. approved. But, if you do not live in Califormia, who cares?

I found the K&N hoses to be a bit short at 2" a piece. So, I purchased some new 3" turbo hose. Now it fits, looks and runs great.

MJJ
Thanks for the info. I do live in California, but I would put it on anyway. Where did you get the turbo hose? Thanks AQABLUR

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got the Gloss Black. 3" Length.

HoseTechniques.com

·
Registered
135 Posts
aqablur said:
Iv'e been looking for a cold air intake system for my 2005 ssr. Finally found one on stylin concepts.com. My question has anyone put one of these on a 2005? It's listed as "off road & racing". My concern is will it freak the computer, and send wierd messaes?:rolleyes:
I installed mine yesterday. K&N air charger. Had no problems using all the supplied parts. Not sure if it is faster but it sounds better.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
There is a recent posting on this kit whch you should be able to find by doing a search on "K&N". The kit for the 05 / 06 SSR is reaosnably effective and a good value for the money if it delievrs what K&N says it does (about 8 hp at peak rpm and more in midrange rpm).

Jim G

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got air?

JimGnitecki said:
There is a recent posting on this kit whch you should be able to find by doing a search on "K&N". The kit for the 05 / 06 SSR is reaosnably effective and a good value for the money if it delievrs what K&N says it does (about 8 hp at peak rpm and more in midrange rpm).

Jim G
Thanks Jim, I ordered one today, also ordered a predator tuner, hoping to get a little more oomph from the pair!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts