Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea how to obtain the value of our 2005 and newer SSR's. KBB and NADA stop giving numbers at 2004??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fiveoh said:
Any idea how to obtain the value of our 2005 and newer SSR's. KBB and NADA stop giving numbers at 2004??
I'll bet it is $35,000 if under 5000. None of the 3 Chevy dealers wants mine for a trade. Offered me $25,000 with everything on it plus. Has 4500 miles on it :mad IT IS MINE TILL :thumbs I DIE :lol

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
dealers here use Edmunds.com

for trade in pricing.

Just checked on an 05 trade in to dealer and it lists 30,200.

Sale to private party 32,300

And dealer selling price 35,200

Give em a look.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After talking to my local dealer(which has 3 05' ssr's on the lot), I asked how
much it would be worth if I wanted to sell in a year. He said it would bring
25k red or yellow, any other color would probably be 2k less. Really makes me
very interested in losing 10 to 15k in one year! I guess that I will not add a stable
mate to my 03 Z06 after that info. Just keep driving the old P/U truck back and forth to work. SSR really looks cool, but not at that much loss for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
+Potential SSR buyers I found my UV 04 on e bay with only 80 miles it at a dealer 1300 miles away for a great price. Like the originator of this thread I too am a Corvette junkie and now have a C6 six speed. What a combination each with their own characteristics I must be the most bleesed guy on this planet. Go for the SSR you won't regret it and although your vette will be collecting dust for while when you climb back in the Vette it's a different rush.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
jsk said:
After talking to my local dealer(which has 3 05' ssr's on the lot), I asked how
much it would be worth if I wanted to sell in a year. He said it would bring
25k red or yellow, any other color would probably be 2k less. Really makes me
very interested in losing 10 to 15k in one year! I guess that I will not add a stable
mate to my 03 Z06 after that info. Just keep driving the old P/U truck back and forth to work. SSR really looks cool, but not at that much loss for a daily driver.

By a slightly used one that someone else already took the 10-15k loss on.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Take advantage of the market . . . . .

WOW_FCTR said:
By a slightly used one that someone else already took the 10-15k loss on.

Exactly what I was thinking (and, in essence, did). ;)

I bought my '04 SSR new (dealer demo 882 miles) with 12K off the sticker of $48,860.

Was over-allowed for my '01 Silverado, according to Edmunds, by 3K (plus had lost low gear and overdrive in automatic tranny) That wasn't in Edmunds computations ! ! :rolleyes:

According to my way of thinking, I went into the dealership looking to trade my Silverado work truck for a new Silverado work truck for 32-35K. Drove out an SSR I use for a work truck during the day and a head-turning roadster in the evening for $33,860 (less the cost of a new tranny ! :) ) I'm tickled . . . . :thumbs

I have no idea whether or not its true, but all the "hotrodders" that I talk to, say if GM dumps the SSR and doesn't build anymore after '06, the price (value) will start going in the opposite direction. :confused If in 3 years or so when I have 100,000 on this puppy and have "worked" her to death, a dealer wants to give me what I paid for it, that'll be alright too ! ! :lol :lol :lol

. . . . . . hey, everybody can dream. ;)

Gary (WearyEagle)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts