Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a bunch of us are going to be running through North Texas this week so keep an eye out for an '04 Slingshot with orange flames recently stolen from South Plains, TX. Link to story Not mine thankfully.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
If I were a betting man, I would bet the stolen vehicles are headed south, not north.

Hope they find them!

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
I know a bunch of us are going to be running through North Texas this week so keep an eye out for an '04 Slingshot with orange flames recently stolen from South Plains, TX. Link to story Not mine thankfully.
And here I was thinking my bright yellow, loud, flamed SSR was safe.

I suppose as parts go, nothing is safe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Yellow with flames

Its a good thing 240 Gordy is driving his black SSR to Texas. If he was driving the :yellow: he would be stopped every county on his way down.

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Bca8ball, you may find yourself being pulled over a lot, at least for a little while. I'd avoid carrying naked underage drunk girls smoking pot if I were you.
What!!!
Time to change vehicles, something's one simply can't compromise on.
It's my daily driver so it's well known close to home... Heading north to the rally Friday might have to mind my Ps and Qs.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,004 Posts
The news report is lacking depth ... HOW were the vehicles stolen? Did the thieves have the keys? The SSR should not have started without an authorized/matched key. Were the vehicles towed away? Were they taken from private garages or were they taken collectively from a business? Did they all belong to the same owner (I know, the story says "taken from their owners)? Are the thefts connected or three separate incidents? The only area that equates to 1800 CR 6900 is 1800 E. 50th St in Lubbock ... a business park area with an automotive repair shop in that block (so likely would have had the keys on-site). The news report begs more questions than it answers.

Apologies ... rant over. Prayers that the SSR, and the other vehicles, are recovered and returned (unharmed) to their owners.

·
Premium Member
31,463 Posts
Did the thieves have the keys? The SSR should not have started without an authorized/matched key.
Absolutely not! There is NO CHIP IN THE KEY! GM ceased using the Passkey system back in the '90s.

But... good time to remind folks on how to arm the security system... press the lock button on the console twice, then shut the door.

·
Super Moderator
13,988 Posts
I suppose there will be about 150 guys in TX driving them like they stole them this week!

Weird group of vehicles to steal - SSR for parts makes the most sense.
The SVT Lightning is just a cool little truck - but it's an F150 - can't imagine too much over the top dollar value in parts - same thing with the 2001 Vette.
Could be wrong of course.
I guess I wouldn't be a very smart car thief - but I think I would steal one $50k vehicle and limit the exposure

"But Judge, I only stole one - look at that varmint! He stole three!"

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I suppose there will be about 150 guys in TX driving them like they stole them this week!

Weird group of vehicles to steal - SSR for parts makes the most sense.
The SVT Lightning is just a cool little truck - but it's an F150 - can't imagine too much over the top dollar value in parts - same thing with the 2001 Vette.
Could be wrong of course.
I guess I wouldn't be a very smart car thief - but I think I would steal one $50k vehicle and limit the exposure

"But Judge, I only stole one - look at that varmint! He stole three!"
When you get them for free, anything over that is pure profit.

One of my favorite South Park episodes has the 3 step plan to make $$.
Step 1...steel underpants
Step 2...?
Step 3 ..profit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts