Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This SSR received huge accolades 12-15 years ago when Ken did all his mods.
Ken Thurm is very well known in the custom vehicle world - based out of Orange County CA
I have never read anything about engine enhancements, so that part may be original
It was so ahead of its time in the SSR world, although many great SSR builds were headed to SEMA 2004 at the time
Anyway, still so very gorgeous today
There were a couple threads on this SSR if you wish to research it, but it was kept fairly private over its life

MY2003 1GCES14P83B103205 :black:
So much was done to this SSR
It was the predecessor to our tail light changes, the rear bumper etc
I love the tire enhancement!
It has shaved handles, side delivery exhaust, bagged - look at it for yourself - very cool SSR - a bit of our history

For Sale in TX - 13200 miles - $30000

#3205 LF.jpeg #3205 LR.jpeg 3B103205 Thurm SSR.jpeg #3205 SS Front.jpeg #3205 Air Bag Control.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
When I look at the tires it reminds me of the guy that posted a bit back looking for Nascar looking wheels
I "think" they are RSA's with Lettering added, but not sure - really hot rod/race truck cool though!!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,945 Posts
This another one of those rides I always wondered where it went due to all the great work done to it. I remember him posting it a few times, all the mods were very tastefully done. Not sure about the wheels though, did he do that or did someone purchase it after him and do the change?

Post is worthless without a link to the sale. Is this one of your dealer sales or is it somewhere else?????

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Too bad we can't see it....FORBIDDEN
:surprise:
Actually, I didn't/couldn't see the pics either.........BUT, did NOT get the Forbidden message this time.

Clicked and it showed what you would expect as it tries to bring the pics up on the screen, but it just kept spinning and never got there.

Almost like some (progress) as to getting to see pics again..........but not there yet.:frown2:

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This another one of those rides I always wondered where it went due to all the great work done to it. I remember him posting it a few times, all the mods were very tastefully done. Not sure about the wheels though, did he do that or did someone purchase it after him and do the change?

Post is worthless without a link to the sale. Is this one of your dealer sales or is it somewhere else?????
Stupid me!
After all this time I thought posts were useless without pictures!

I don't use the forum to promote one of my "dealer sales"
I just wanted to bring a very cool SSR to be viewed by the membership

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Believe it or not, I like it :smile2: with one exception ... those Black Rims :frown2: !!! The first thing I would do is put some Chrome Rims on it to match the Chrome on the front. Realistically, I don't think that price is that far out of line even though "cargurus" has noted in Red lettering "OVERPRICED" I bet the owner would take 2 dollars a mile ($26 Four) in a heartbeat. It is one nice modified 03 Smokin' Ashphalt :smile2:.

Thanks Cash, you da' man !!!

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Believe it or not, I like it :smile2: with one exception ... those Black Rims :frown2: !!! The first thing I would do is put some Chrome Rims on it to match the Chrome on the front. Realistically, I don't think that price is that far out of line even though "cargurus" has noted in Red lettering "OVERPRICED" I bet the owner would take 2 dollars a mile ($26 Four) in a heartbeat. It is one nice modified 30 Smokin' Ashphalt :smile2:.

:|
I agree the rims would look much better chromed and ditching the white lettering.:frown2:

I would also say that at the end of the day, it's still an '03 model. Thus in my mind, the current price is 4k to 4k toooooooooo high.:|

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Believe it or not, I like it :smile2: with one exception ... those Black Rims :frown2: !!! The first thing I would do is put some Chrome Rims on it to match the Chrome on the front. Realistically, I don't think that price is that far out of line even though "cargurus" has noted in Red lettering "OVERPRICED" I bet the owner would take 2 dollars a mile ($26 Four) in a heartbeat. It is one nice modified 30 Smokin' Ashphalt :smile2:.

I agree the rims would look much better chromed and ditching the white lettering.:frown2:

I would also say that at the end of the day, it's still an '03 model. Thus in my mind, the current price is 4k to 4k toooooooooo high.:|
We all have opinions on wheels
This SSR was built with 73P Sterling wheels (satin)
Personally, if I had a black SSR and had satin rims I would paint them black in a heartbeat.
If it had chromes on it I would keep them, but I love the wheels and tires on this one

If I could afford a second SSR, this little hot rod would be high on the list!

Cargurus wouldn't know their ass if they were scratching it when it comes to opinions on pricing SSRs.

·
Daily Driver
8,872 Posts
:surprise:
Actually, I didn't/couldn't see the pics either.........BUT, did NOT get the Forbidden message this time.

Clicked and it showed what you would expect as it tries to bring the pics up on the screen, but it just kept spinning and never got there.

Almost like some (progress) as to getting to see pics again..........but not there yet.:frown2:
I right clicked and opened them successfully in a new tab.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,945 Posts
Stupid me!
After all this time I thought posts were useless without pictures!
Obviously any vehicle sale post without pictures is, but leaving off the link to an offsite sale is too. It's just teasing.... :grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts

That's what I suggested "mo" $26 Four ($2 X 13,200 miles = $26,400) :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Here's More Opinions--Don't like Black wheels on Black vehicles, NEVER liked Slammed down/Low riders!! White Letter tires are OK on Black vehicles but NOT every color.

Nick
EXCELLENT opinion Nick, will concede, I do think Black Rims might look good on a Ricochet Silver ... I said MIGHT !!! How about Black Runnin' Boards too ??? I would like to see a picture of a :silver: one with "black uns" Tooooo much Black on a smokin' Asphalt but ... when it's your SSR, DO WHAT PLEASES YOU !!! tennessee"chrome"dog :ssr

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,262 Posts
I right clicked the picture and them clicked on -open link in new window. It works for me.
oh man, that works! Thank you

The truck looks awesome!!!! Love those tires, such a race look. :yesnod And that side exhaust :thumbs Yes, great looking ride. I see why it's high on your list Cash

1 - 20 of 42 Posts