Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Premium Member
So now the question is, can the aftermarket radio effect the key fobs or is the remote door lock module 馃 defective. 馃槴
Do your warning chimes and turn signal "clicker" produce noise?
Was the aftermarket radio installed when previous key fob did work somewhat?
If both yes, I would not suspect the aftermarket radio is the issue.

Did you check fuse in rear fuse box for RKE, which I think is #32?

@Dicktator I am sorry I meant no disrespect and realize you know how to program key fobs. I am just trying to help determine where the problem exists and simply stated that I don't think the installation of an aftermarket radio will prevent the programming of key fobs. I believe there is most likely another issue. Just trying to help determine how to find out what that could be.

You said that your tech2 would not talk to the ECM for key fob programming -- do you mean it would not communicate with the RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Control Receiver) also called RKE or do you mean the actual ECM?
You also said you could establish communication with the BCM, did you happen to check if there were any codes in the BCM?
I would expect to possibly see a code U1128 -- lost communication with radio. This could be due to the aftermarket radio.
But I was wondering if there was a code U1176 - lost communication with RCDLR ? This might indicate a faulty RKE receiver or a power or ground problem to this module.

SSR Pit Crew
I cleared all codes but could not program FOB, when Tech 2 said continue, enter, it said no communication.

Dicktator

Premium Member
I cleared all codes but could not program FOB, when Tech 2 said continue, enter, it said no communication.

Dicktator
Ok thanks, i guess i might suggest RKE receiver, if fuse is good. I think i have one for an 04, I will glady send for a test unit.
@Groceryman101 if fuse is good and you can't find one for a reasonable price. I will look for it and send to you for a test unit for shipping costs.
Not sure, but should be same part.
for 04 and 05 AND if I can find it.

I am not sure but i think it located under RDM, but might be under waterfall near BCM.

Registered
2005 yellow over black. 馃槑
Discussion Starter #44
Okay everyone, I鈥檓 an idiot ( but a happy one ). After making sure the alarm worked and checking the remotes battery. I double checked the fuse again. All good. As I looked at the fuse box, I wondered could I be so lucky as the fuse being off by 1 spot. So I moved it down 1 spot and you can all guess what happened. Key fob now works. Thanks to everyone and of course special thanks to the Dictator. I can now open the door again for my lovely wife. 馃憤 馃槑

Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
@Groceryman101, just curious, how did it get in the wrong slot? Was it taken out for some reason when they installed the radio?

Nick

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
I probably did it while checking fuses at some point in time. The fob hasn鈥檛 worked in awhile and I just recently ordered new ones. When looking at the diagrams online ( I don鈥檛 have one on the truck ) there are a couple of gaps between the fuses, I obviously stuck it one off and never realized it until now after getting new fobs. But I鈥檓 good to go now. 馃槑

Premium Member
I probably did it while checking fuses at some point in time. The fob hasn鈥檛 worked in awhile and I just recently ordered new ones. When looking at the diagrams online ( I don鈥檛 have one on the truck ) there are a couple of gaps between the fuses, I obviously stuck it one off and never realized it until now after getting new fobs. But I鈥檓 good to go now. 馃槑
:unsure:

So it would seem that now everything is just FOBulous.:):)

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
Sixty lashes with a wet noodle!!

I will sent you fuse diagram for you fuse box cover.

Dicktator
I have a picture on my iPad and on my phone. But I still managed to be off by 1 spot. Hopefully your picture is better. 馃槑

BLU SSR
Okay everyone, I鈥檓 an idiot ( but a happy one ). After making sure the alarm worked and checking the remotes battery. I double checked the fuse again. All good. As I looked at the fuse box, I wondered could I be so lucky as the fuse being off by 1 spot. So I moved it down 1 spot and you can all guess what happened. Key fob now works. Thanks to everyone and of course special thanks to the Dictator. I can now open the door again for my lovely wife. 馃憤 馃槑
Wow, how embarrassing !! I am sure glad I have never done anything like that !!!! :eek:;)
Glad everything is working now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #54
That鈥檚 odd 馃 shows open for conversations. Anyway, 369 Perthshire dr. Orange Park Florida 32073. Thanks again to all you chimed in. 馃憤 馃槑

Premium Member
Ordered new key fobs, apparently they can鈥檛 communicate with the truck. Any thoughts on what to check 馃 I hope I don鈥檛 need a new BCM. Everything else seems to be working. Thanks guys. 馃槑
I just received a new fob from eBay, then found out my old one just needed a new battery... got fixed through my dealership. Also my #1 broke last year and I bought the last GM fib... had to have it re programmed... not inexpensive, but GRATEFUL ! Good luck!
tickledpink, Sue Campbell

Registered
2004 Slingshot
Ordered new key fobs, apparently they can鈥檛 communicate with the truck. Any thoughts on what to check 馃 I hope I don鈥檛 need a new BCM. Everything else seems to be working. Thanks guys. 馃槑
Hi, Chiefmo here 04 Slingshot, I ordered new fobs and took them to Batteries and Bulbs to get them programmed. It was $40 to do both fobs. I had tried the procedure in the owners manual and it did not work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
Hi, Chiefmo here 04 Slingshot, I ordered new fobs and took them to Batteries and Bulbs to get them programmed. It was $40 to do both fobs. I had tried the procedure in the owners manual and it did not work.
Our fobs can not be programmed without the appropriate tech hardware. 馃槑

Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
Groceryman, good to know you figured out the problem. There is a member who has printed the fuse box diagrams and offered FREE to members, can't recall who but here is the link to the thread with the images:
Fuse Box Diagrams

41 - 60 of 61 Posts