Chevy SSR Forum banner

Key fob can’t communicate

7K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  .40329 
#1 ·
Ordered new key fobs, apparently they can’t communicate with the truck. Any thoughts on what to check 🧐 I hope I don’t need a new BCM. Everything else seems to be working. Thanks guys. 😎

#40 ·
See above, Key fob can’t communicate

It “could”, but should not. It would likely depend upon how the radio was installed and if there was some fiddling with the wiring harnesses. For the record, modules can be purchased to interface with the OEM connections, from Crutchfield or elsewhere, to accomplish the task without the need to hack things up. Many of us have aftermarket radios and the fobs and alarm work fine.

#43 ·
I cleared all codes but could not program FOB, when Tech 2 said continue, enter, it said no communication.

Dicktator
Ok thanks, i guess i might suggest RKE receiver, if fuse is good. I think i have one for an 04, I will glady send for a test unit.
@Groceryman101 if fuse is good and you can't find one for a reasonable price. I will look for it and send to you for a test unit for shipping costs.
Not sure, but should be same part.
for 04 and 05 AND if I can find it.

I am not sure but i think it located under RDM, but might be under waterfall near BCM.

#44 ·
Okay everyone, I’m an idiot ( but a happy one ). After making sure the alarm worked and checking the remotes battery. I double checked the fuse again. All good. As I looked at the fuse box, I wondered could I be so lucky as the fuse being off by 1 spot. So I moved it down 1 spot and you can all guess what happened. Key fob now works. Thanks to everyone and of course special thanks to the Dictator. I can now open the door again for my lovely wife. 👍 😎

#46 ·
I probably did it while checking fuses at some point in time. The fob hasn’t worked in awhile and I just recently ordered new ones. When looking at the diagrams online ( I don’t have one on the truck ) there are a couple of gaps between the fuses, I obviously stuck it one off and never realized it until now after getting new fobs. But I’m good to go now. 😎

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.