·
Registered
413 Posts
key

dealer should be able to get replacements my keys were taped inside glove box

·
Registered
1 Posts
I locked my key in the center glove box the first day I had the car when I was checking to see what all the key fit . Dealer could not find the center Key in the computer --that was a month ago -- but getting in turned out not to be a problem. The latch can be tripped with a paper clip -- the latch is at the front part of the arm rest toward the shifter right in the center under the arm rest -- I put some masking tape on the paint- sliding it under the lip of the vinal lid at the front to protect the paint-- then put a straight paper clip slightly curved down under the front edge of the arm rest angled down and pushed lightly. that opened the latch and it pulled open . I then unlocked the lock so I would not have the problem again. hope this helps
Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't think mine is locked, but it just decided on its own one day, it didn't want to unlatch anymore when I pushed in on the release button. The paperclip idea, above, prompted me to try a toothpick so as to absolutely avoid scratching the paint. Toothpick inserted under the forward lip of the lid, at a downward angle, gets you right in. Tried it successfully, repeatedly...

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,890 Posts
Don't think mine is locked, but it just decided on its own one day, it didn't want to unlatch anymore when I pushed in on the release button. The paperclip idea, above, prompted me to try a toothpick so as to absolutely avoid scratching the paint. Toothpick inserted under the forward lip of the lid, at a downward angle, gets you right in. Tried it successfully, repeatedly...
Not a very good place to put valuables with top down. Also if you want keys any good lock smith can make one in about 5 minutes for $10. Just keep gum and pen and paper in mine. There is a guy on this site that makes what he calls "THE POPPER" which is a little spring with a screw and directions to install because of what you said about it not popping up. Once this spring is installed you push the button one hand and the cover pops up about 3 inches so you can open it very easy. I will try to find him.

Here you go. Click here:

·
BlueStreak
26,862 Posts
Just installed one in each of my trucks. Total time - 5 minutes! Work great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts