Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only recieved 1 keyfob with my 2004 SSR (bought at auction) I ordered a GM ssr remote. I need to find programming instructions. Appreciate any help

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Instructions for that should be in the drivers manual. You will have to program them both at the same time though because if you just program the new one then the original one won't work. I had to do that when I put new batteries in one of my key fobs for a Camaro or a Monte Carlo.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too purchased with only one remote, and have another on the way. Did anyone program their own remotes, or is the dealer the only one able to do this? Are the programming instructions in the manual?

·
Registered
413 Posts
most dealers(at least in my area) will program them for free

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Remote Programming

Dragon said:
Instructions for that should be in the drivers manual. You will have to program them both at the same time though because if you just program the new one then the original one won't work. I had to do that when I put new batteries in one of my key fobs for a Camaro or a Monte Carlo.

Good luck.
I was not able to find program instructions in my 2005 owner's manual, I suspect it would be in the service manual that is not yet available for the 2005, according to Helminc.com.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Programing Keyless Remote

I work for a Chevrolet dealer. You must program the newer, (2002-2005) keyles remotes through the dealer. The process takes about 10-15 minutes, and is "usually" done for free.
Mike :cool

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remotes

I just replaced the Remotes on my Corvette and Avalanche and did it myself.
I have the instructions (Dont know if SSR is any different than a Vette)
But it is all done thru the DIC.
I can fax them to you today or scan and post/email them tomorrow
let me know

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It can be done.

Using a scantool is the dealers method. Though I have seen it done without.

Be careful buying additional keyfobs. The ones that came with my SSR were defective. I'd worry about buying them from anyone but a dealer. At that time, even the dealer had to get the replacments from a special GM source.

Defective fobs can be programmed but stop working almost at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts