Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, now it's time for ME to ask a question...........

Now that the XM Radio is installed, I'm ready to move onto installing the LED lights in the footwells.

Well, the first step needed is to remove the right side kick panel (I hear the wire that I need is behind there), so has ANYONE done this yet? If so, any tricks or tips that I may need to know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I removed mine awhile ago I can't remember any screws I think it is all clips,

removing the door sill cover first helps they are inter locked
Ken
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the door sill tip, Ken. I'll try it after dinner.............
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Black_Magic!

(What's the red and green wires for?)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Wire to look for

Buffy

The Grey wire w/ Black stripe is the wire you a looking for.
This is the positive (+) power feed for the for the map lights in the mirror when the door is opened. It is in a bundle of wires that run up the pillar.
Be careful the wire is very small.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
SSR290 said:
Buffy

The Grey wire w/ Black stripe is the wire you a looking for.
This is the positive (+) power feed for the for the map lights in the mirror when the door is opened. It is in a bundle of wires that run up the pillar.
Be careful the wire is very small.
What about wiring it to the headlites, so when it's nite the LED interior lites will be on?? Know where the wires are for that?? ( I use my emergency brake during the day to shut off my lites!)
Thanks!! You guys are the best!!

GR
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ghostrider said:
What about wiring it to the headlites, so when it's nite the LED interior lites will be on?? Know where the wires are for that?? ( I use my emergency brake during the day to shut off my lites!)
Thanks!! You guys are the best!!

GR

Hey GR,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want the footwell lights on all of the time, just when I open the doors.

Make sense?
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wildcat66 said:
Green means GO! Red means Stop! Hee heee hee! Is the wedding still on?
Just finished putting stamps on all of the invitations............... :thumbs :lol :lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Buffy said:
Hey GR,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want the footwell lights on all of the time, just when I open the doors.

Make sense?
no, I understand. I want the lites on at night when I drive, not just when I open my door! that's why I was asking do you know which wires go to the headlites???
Thanks!

GR
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ghostrider said:
no, I understand. I want the lites on at night when I drive, not just when I open my door! that's why I was asking do you know which wires go to the headlites???
Thanks!

GR
OK, but sorry, I don't know that...........

"Anyone?........ Anyone?......", Ferris Bueler's Day Off, 1986
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top