Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the cost of $50 plus dollars for a KN air filter worth it?

Is there a noticable improvement by using this product or is there a better filter on the market?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think so. But, that's just me. I did not go with the K&N. I went with Green Filters.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Chk this out

Jim Prendergast said:
Is the cost of $50 plus dollars for a KN air filter worth it?

Is there a noticable improvement by using this product or is there a better filter on the market?
If u go 2 the "search" bar n enter "K&N" u'll cum up with bout 15 threads. Go 2 the 1 titled "K&N n Exhausts" or sumthin like it. Go 2 #35 n follow the link 2 the site that will help u with ur dilemma. :confused

Happy surfin'... :rolleyes:

:cool

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KN filter

Couldn't wait forever to get an answer, sooooooooo went and bought one Sat. wasn't 50.00 was 65.00.

Put it on with the already installed VR velocity stack.

It feels more responsive ,(must be in my mind but the engine sounds throatier)

Not like my vette ZR1 1995 with 6250 miles on it, never been in rain and first show entered won first place....sold it 2 months ago any way point trying to make earlier thread some one said not using their SSR every day....... I will never park one again like the ZR1....... made a nice profit but never exp. the thrill of using it. My SSR has 6300 mi on it and I use it daily--- love it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vr Instalation Tip

fOR YOUR INFO THIS WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND FRUSTRION WHEN YOU INSTALL THE VR STACK..............THERE IS A LITTLE WIRE CLIP THAT ATTACHS TO THE THROTTLE BODY AND WITH THE TIGHT FIT PUSHING THE AIR INTAKE HOSE BACK OVER THE VR STACK THE CLIP MOVES.. I FINALLY GOT SMART AND SUPER GLUED THE CLIP TAB ON THE TB TOP.

THIS WILL HELP..................

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jim Prendergast said:
fOR YOUR INFO THIS WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND FRUSTRION WHEN YOU INSTALL THE VR STACK..............THERE IS A LITTLE WIRE CLIP THAT ATTACHS TO THE THROTTLE BODY AND WITH THE TIGHT FIT PUSHING THE AIR INTAKE HOSE BACK OVER THE VR STACK THE CLIP MOVES.. I FINALLY GOT SMART AND SUPER GLUED THE CLIP TAB ON THE TB TOP.

THIS WILL HELP..................
thanks for your advise, I have shared and learned alot from my SSR bros.

Fiftiesnut

1 - 8 of 8 Posts