Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who follow this forum regularly recall that I have had an intermittent acceleration rattle, almost from when I bought my SSR essentially new in 2006.

I had had the truck into my dealer numerous times to correct this, but without success. A number of these dealer visits were before the original bumper-to-bumper warranty had expired.

A couple of weeks ago I returned to the dealer again for this problem, but this time armed with a tip from a fellow Fanatic. He said he had the same rattle and was able to stop it immediately by turning off his HVAC fan. I suggested to the dealer that he change out my HVAC fan to see if this was the cause of my rattle.

Yee-haw! That solved my problem. Unfortunately, the truck now is under the GMPP and the dealer charged me my $200 deductible.

I called Chevy and appealed the deductible charge, reasoning that they had had ample opportunity to fix the problem under the original warranty but had been unable to do so, and that I should not be charged the GMPP deductible now. I was able to provide all the previous repair order information to support my claim.

After three levels of review at Chevy, I received a $200 check this weekend. It was considered a "goodwill" payment.

GM takes much abuse in this forum and I think it's important to give them credit when they "do the right thing."

Knucklehead :blue:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,967 Posts
Congratulations to you and a lesson to others that perserverance can payoff. :)

·
Daily Driver
8,897 Posts
Thanks for posting that, especially when there are some that would whine that they had to ask, wait for the check, and go all the way to the bank to deposit it. :lol You know who you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts